I'd like feedback on my Hub: Are Cold Sores Herpes?

1. BillyZhang profile image85
    BillyZhangposted 3 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Are Cold Sores Herpes?. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. calculus-geometry profile image87
      calculus-geometryposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

The title is confusing and doesn't reflect the content of the article.  Everyone who is fluent in English knows that "cold sore" is the colloquial term for an outbreak of oral herpes, so the answer to the title's question is a simple "yes." Your article is an overview of oral herpes, so the title should indicate that.

The bigger problem is that there are already a brazillion articles on the web about herpes, and even if you were a healthcare worker (which is not indicated on your profile) there's really no point in making it a brazillion and one.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago

Your photo sources are a real problem.

I think you need to read my Hub about How to Use Photos Legally. You'll find it on the slider on my profile.   

The general rule is that ALL photos on websites are copyright UNLESS there is a note somewhere on the website saying it isn't. 

In most cases, the risk in using copyright photos is that you might get sued by the photographer or the website.  In this particular case, though, the problem is that you've used photos from sites that are selling a product, possibly in a spammy way.  By putting a link to those spammy websites in your photo source box, you are breaking HubPages rules and that's why your Hub isnt being accepted.

working