jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

In-Text Amazon Links

1. Maina Ndungu profile image85
    Maina Ndunguposted 3 weeks ago

What are the rules to follow when using Amazon hyper-links? The recent blog updates say nothing much about how to effectively apply this feature. But they point out that Amazon is a trusted brand, which is true.
    But who can guide us on how to utilize this feature without hurting the readers?

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago

The rules are exactly the same as for Amazon capsules. If you are going to link to an Amazon product, it must be directly relevant to the title of your Hub, and you must explain why you recommend that product.

1. Solaras profile image91
      Solarasposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

What is the point in these links - does it avoid the ad blocker softwares.  I thought that the Squidoo "buy it now" capsules escaped the ad blocking software; has that changed or am I just wrong?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

HubPages are recommending them in preference to the Amazon capsules because they're more subtle. 

I don't know why they don't just redesign the Amazon capsules so they are more subtle, but hey ho!

Can someone provide a link to an article with them in them. I have not seen what one looks like in a hub.

Why don't you create one in one of your own Hubs and then you'll know?  As you know, we're not allowed to post a link to our own Hubs.

It just looks like a normal link with an orange a in front of it.

That would require writing a new hub lol.  I have been looking around and I can't find where anyone was using them. If you have one, can you tell the name of your article and I'll go look it up.

How are their sales working for people - up down the same?

Well no not really.  All you have to do is edit an existing Hub, put a link in, look at the Preview and then don't save it.

Anyhow, I've got one in my Hub on Insomnia: How to Create a Sleep Friendly Bedroom.

3. Maina Ndungu profile image85
    Maina Ndunguposted 3 weeks ago

Thanks Marisa
    Do you know an example hub where hyperlinks are used to the best?

Use them where you wish to recommend a product that is relevant to the paragraph you are writing.

working