jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Fairly new and looking for feedback

1. marcs profile image61
    marcsposted 7 years ago

Hi everybody. I've been off of work  a few days and decided to join hubpages becasue at the core of me is writer bursting with a voice that yearns to be heard. And, I can only take so much ESPN watching in a day. Anyhow I've written a few hubs that should inspire a lot of thought and reaction and would welcome some spirited debate/feedback. Spirited, does not mean calling me an idiot, by the way. I hope you enjoy my writing as I am enjoying yours.

1. AEvans profile image74
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi, Here is what I found the hub about being Christian and supporting gays, is great however the comment box is in the wrong spot, it should always be beneath the article. You need to add links, and pictures. The writing is intersting it is just lacking capsules. Amazon Capsules, News Capsules. Go back in and place those, if you wish check other hubbers articles and you will see how the capsules are placed. If you are having problems working them just ask and one of us will help you. We are glad you are here. smile

1. JamaGenee profile image89
        JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Okay, marcs, it's 6 days later.  You seem to be catching on in "Roadblocks to Morality", but those large blocks of text need to be broken up to make them easier to read.  Divide them between  several text capsules, and as AEvans said, add pictures (or images of some kind), Amazon capsules, News capsules, etc.

Hubs are as much about visuals as content.  If they aren't pleasing to the eye, you could be the most brilliant writer at HP and no one will know, because a visitor won't stay on your hubs long enough to find out.

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Welcome to world of Hubpages smile

3. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

Hey there, welcome! I checked out your page and I have to agree with AEvans, rearrange some things and add pictures and other capsules. You can arrange and resize them to fit the way you want, butyou should try and keep the comments on bottom. I also agree that you should take a look areound at several different hubs to see how others do it. They all tend to follow the same general layout, but each person tweeks it a little to suit them. Also, you should try to make sure your hubs have a decent amount to them. Too short hubs aren't going to score well. Try to stay in the middle, not too long and not too short. You can see examples in other hubs. Just try to break up that text a little and it will make a big difference smile