How to earn without Adsense on Hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)
  1. misterdd profile image59
    misterddposted 7 years ago

I will try in short because I explored whole day about HubPages and I still need some confirmation how to proceed on best way if possible?

Before 2 years I lost AdSense because of stupid reasons like wrong keywords (I know, I was rookie) and since it was impossible for me to check all blogs + posts it was easier for me to stop blogs and AdSense, than to fix those.

Problem: Now I see Adsense is mandatory for revenues with Hubpages Ad system + Hubpages Amazon program, right?

Basicly since I do not have guarantee that Adsense will return me use of ads back even after I make 10 hubs, and apply through Hubpages, how is best to earn?

1. I know I can still bring new users to Hubpages and make some money throught training of my followers with 10 % of revenues from their ad revenues?

2. If I pick Amazon Affiliates, would that bring me Amazon capsules to articles? Or it is Google Adsense mandatory for this one too?

3. Probably no way to earn from Hubpages Ad program without Adsense? I am sad that I can not procees without Adsense in my articles since Hubpages has also other ad costumers from which I can earn?

Anyway if you have some time please reply people. Thanks in advance.

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You must have done something other than 'wrong keywords' to get an Adsense ban. Would it be worth reapplying now to see if you have been forgiven?

You won't do very well at HubPages without an Adsense account - especially as HP are slashing the number of Amazon capsules. Also you can't promote another website or business so you might be better setting up your own site and attempting to earn from it.

misterddposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It could not be something bad either since I read all rules of AdSense. I know I had 30 days to fix those, but it was just no time to do it. Besides Adsense is not only one on market so I will not be devastated if they do not return my account, its not I will beg then, basicly if they trust me fine, if not, they dont deserve anyway. For example what for ad provider they are if someone with intentions (who dont like you) can click your ads every day and sabotage your account? Sorry Adsense just aint that worth (in my eyes).

I will try to create my blog, apply in there for Adsense if they activate again fine, if not, basicly I dont care,. What I do care is, how to earn here without them?

- Important: Amazon Affiliate places capsules into articles without Adsense, or is Adsense mandatory for Amazon Affiliate also same as for Hubpages Amazon? Why is that important? So that at least I can integrate Amazon articles into HubPages. I need answer on this one.

- What about referring people to HubPages and 10 % of their Ad system revenues? Still active?

Those 2 would be just fine, even with Adsense and Ad System, if there is no other way. Thanks for tip for own site. It will be hardly so good as here, but there is nothing much left, right?

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago

Well, if Adsense is not worth it,  hubpages isn't worth it because it is primarily Adsense monetized

3. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 7 years ago

Without AdSense, one must go to the dark side...

4. misterdd profile image59
    misterddposted 7 years ago

Haha, yes it would be harder, but I still have not gave up. I will try to create new blog, continue to write work here + on my website, and write Appeal (since I was back then rookie). With little luck they will accept my work both here and in my blog. Specially because I have not done anything terrible.

If not, well then basicly I will monetize here how I can, while for other sites I already found other cool alternatives.

Thanks for every reply in order to help me. Wish you people much success.

5. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

MisterDD, I'm sorry to hear you lost your Adsense account.  Unfortunately without it, there is no point being part of HubPages.

To make money on HubPages, you need to be part of the HubPages Earnings Program.  You cannot join the HubPages Earnings Program if you don't have an Adsense account.   

The HubPages Earnings Program includes HP Ads AND the Amazon capsules, you cannot use the Amazon capsules with your own Amazon ID.

So, your only chance of monetization would be to join some affiliate programs and use in-text links, but they are very likely to get snipped as HubPages is becoming very strict about using them.  Even if they're allowed, you would be allowed only one or two per Hub and that is just not enough.

You would be much better off finding another article-writing site where you don't need Adsense, and moving your Hubs to there.

OH, I am seriously sorry to hear that. So basicly Impossible to earn here on those ways, but....

- What about HubPages Referral Program? Inviting new members? I have connected PayPal account, so basicly I can earn from that at least with providing instruction to others?

- Or is that not possible either?

If I have only shoot in Hubpages Referral Program then I am confused with one statement:

"Through this program, you can refer new writers to HubPages and if they become Hubbers within 30 days, you receive 10% of their Hubs’ lifetime impressions."

What they mean with Hubbers?
      - When they active account in first 30 days after registration?
      -  When they  write first HUB before 30 days?
      - Or when they activate Hubpages Earnings program?

Because if it 3-rd, then we have problem here. How you can earn commision form referrals in case of third, when you know that HP recommends to wait over 30 days before activation of Adsense, and 10 HUBS? So basicly not possible, since they cant earn anyway without AdSense and Amazon? So how would I earn?

SO basicly something not right here? Thanks in advance.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

To be honest, I am not sure if the referral program would work either, since you don't pass the basic requirement for earning on HubPages. 

However even if it does, the earnings are so small it's not worth bothering with.

If someone joins on your referral link within 30 days, you will then get 10% of their earnings forever.  It doesn't matter whether they write a Hub or not within those 30 days. 

However, you can only earn from those referred Hubbers IF they write some Hubs and IF they stay members long enough to earn some money.  The vast majority of them won't write more than one or two Hubs, and will give up within the first few months.  I have thousands of referrals but only a handful of them are making money.

I think I have now all needed info. Thank you. So basicly I can now write about 10 Hubs in next month, and run new blog, and then 30 days from now to send them new request. Do not know what will be.

In case that does not go well is there option that I export Hubs and use them on other site, or I must delete them first here, and then reuse?

In any case thank you poeple for all help. Even if I can not move Hubs (in worse case scenario with AdSense) it will be still worth to leave Hubs here, if nothing else it will bring traffic towards HubPages, and that will be at least my thanks for all help which I got here. It is cool to see such friendly community. Thanks for help.

1. theraggededge profile image96
            theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Before you begin writing hubs, I think it is fair to warn you that HubPages is quite stringent about the standard of English. Try one and see it will go through the Quality Approval Process before you invest your time in any more.

Also spend some time here: https://hubpageshelp.com There are a lot of hubs there that can help a beginner.

Good luck.

Thank you.

2. DrMark1961 profile image96
            DrMark1961posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I found that setting up my own site was a lot more work. If you want to write, but the adsense thing does not work out for you, there is a blog site available called Niume. It does not pay as well as HP but the posts can be smaller and the grammar and spelling requirements do not appear to be stringent.
            Not sure how this is going to work out, since it does not appear they have much revenue. Unlike Bubblews, however, they are not paying out a lot so maybe they will have more success with time.
            Good luck either way.

I know many more sites, but I picked HP because of combination with Amazon which I plan to use for own purposes also. For now I published first Hub in here, so 9 more to go before I contact Adsense with appeal in what I will include my blog, then I will see. It is worth to work 30 days, cant hurt to make some solid work during that time.

Thank you for wishes and suggestion for alternatives.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)