jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Concerning emails from editors and submission of articles.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image95
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 3 weeks ago

Happy day to everyone,

I have a question concerning the emails from the editors and the submission of articles to niche sites. I have several emails suggesting pages of mine could be moved to various and sundry sites were I to fix a bit of this, and a bit of that. This is all wonderful, and I'm liking it more and more. So my question is, when I get an email about that sort of thing, and then I fix what was requested to be fixed - can I then submit to the site the email said the article was eligible for? See, I have several. So I'm wondering can I fix them and submit them right away, or if I am supposed to fix them and wait until 60 days since the last submission have passed.

I realize this question has maybe been addressed. And I hope no one will scream at me. I've been following these topics but sometimes there are huge long threads and I can't really read everything and also get things done. Thanks in advance to anyone who's willing to oblige this poor sod's query.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago

When you get the email, look at the section at the bottom which  mentions specific Issues. That's the section you must address.   The rest of the email is just a general reminder to make sure everything else is lookin' good.

Once you've made the requested changes, you need to go into edit mode and click the "submit to a niche site" button.  Otherwise nothing will happen!

Those Hubs are exempt from the 60 day rule.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image95
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Wow! Thanks! I've been just sitting on those emails because I figured writing a new thing would be more productive. And for some reason or another I always prefer to be making a new thing than looking at an old one. I'll get right at it then smile

1. Ashish Dadgaa profile image77
        Ashish Dadgaaposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

@Wesman,

Good luck my Wesman.

3. UnnamedHarald profile image94
    UnnamedHaraldposted 3 weeks ago

If you get such an email and fix it up, the hub article in question is not subject to the 60 day rule.

4. Jan Saints profile image76
    Jan Saintsposted 3 weeks ago

But your hubs may not be moved even after fixing the issues! Yeah, I have seen such cases here!

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

You are right, there have been a few where the Hubs haven't been moved after being fixed, but I think that number is dropping as we all learn how to respond to them.

One mistake people make is to read the email, think they have to address every single point, and rewrite the whole Hub.  Sometimes that can destroy the very thing that the moderator liked about it!

The lesson is that the first part of the email is just a memory jogger, to make you look over the Hub and tweak it rather than make big changes. Then there is usually a section at the end which mentions specific issues - that's the bit you need to address.  If you resubmit without fully understanding and addressing that section, it will likely be refused.

working