jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: How to Earn More Money in 5 Simple Steps

1. scott406 profile image79
    scott406posted 2 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

The feedback I received was "add more content to this hub".  The hub is already nearly 1,400 words... what "more content" are they looking for?

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub How to Earn More Money in 5 Simple Steps (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image93
      theraggededgeposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi there,

"I said it would be simple. I never said it would be easy." Yes you did... in the title.

Images must be legal-to-use and the source attributed.

Remove the link - it might be preventing your hub from being approved.

The main problem, as I see it is that someone might click on your hub to find out how to make money easily but then are given five 'hard work' tips. That's not what they were looking for.

The other thing is that 'making money easily' is one of those frowned upon topics, so the hub will be closely scrutinised before approval. It is also competing with many other websites in the same category so you'll have trouble attracting traffic in the first place. You've only got to search on HubPages itself to see a small percent of what you are competing with.

Edit: Perhaps your hub would do better as "How to Be the Best at Your Job"... or something like that.

Hope that helps.

1. scott406 profile image79
        scott406posted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks for the feedback.  I edited the title to 5 simple steps, maybe it didn't get changed in time.

The only thing I can see is that link that shows the numbers behind my claim that costs of living have outpaced earnings.  I've run into this issue on other sites as well, for some reason they don't want any sources cited.

All the pictures were public domain, but I'll see if I can find where they came from and cite them as well.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

It's not that they don't want sources cited.  The reason is that they want to please Google!   

HubPages relies almost entirely on Google traffic for its income, so it must avoid anything that might cause Google to downgrade its content.    So, if Google says it doesn't like something, HubPages will always go overboard to avoid it.  Google doesn't like irrelevant links within an article - so HubPages sets an exceedingly high standard of relevance.  All links must be directly related to the main topic of the article.

That may sound like a good thing, but it does have the consequence you've discovered - that we lose the ability to make tangential references.  The nice thing about writing online is that you used to be able to mention something in passing (like the cost of living) and provide a link to a source, instead of having to explain it.  On HubPages, you can't. 

What you can do is cite sources the old-fashioned way.  Have a section at the end called References or Sources, and list your sources without hyperlinking them. 

And by the way, you don't have to credit the source of every photo if attribution isn't required.  To avoid any confusion, you can simply state "All photos from Pixabay" at the end of the Hub.

working