jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

Fan Frenzy

1. cindyvine profile image89
    cindyvineposted 8 years ago

Don't you hate it when someone goes on a fan frenzy and blocks up the hubtivity by adding ever single hubber on HP as their fan?  There is no possible way that they have read a piece of that hubber's work and then adding them because they really are a fan.  Is the thinking behind it that if I add everybody, some will add me?

1. darkside profile image79
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I think that's the thought process.

I'm not a fan of frapamming (friend acquisition spamming).

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
        Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I agree...it just seems so needy. I only friend people whose writing I enjoy.

It's the same on Twitter. Who cares if you have 2000 followers and follow 2000?..you can't possibly follow 2000 people and pay attention to what they are saying.

2. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It drives me NUTS, I never seem to get a chance to read anything or see who is on. I wish you were able to join so many hubbers per day , isn't there a way they can control the activity? sad

1. goldentoad profile image61
        goldentoadposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I edited my settings and never know who's becoming a fan of whoever. You have to go the settings on the hubtivity page and selects fans to modify it.

1. AEvans profile image70
          AEvansposted 8 years ago in reply to this

] Oh GT thank you I will definitely do that as it stresses me out. sad

2. cindyvine profile image89

man, this Ballroom dancing has been going crazy!

1. goldentoad profile image61
      goldentoadposted 8 years ago in reply to this

When I saw I got a request from Ballroom dancing, I immediately knew, they were becoming a fan of the wrong dude

1. Everyday Miracles profile image91
        Everyday Miraclesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

ROFL! I fanned you all (Whoah! I forgot AEvans! Better add her now!) because I love your writings. Darkside and Univited Writer, I find you both to be exceptionally helpful on the forums, and Univited Writer, some of your hubs speak directly to me. Same goes for goldentoad. Of all of the hubbers I've read I think that the two of you hit home the most for me so far.

Cindy, you make me laugh, and I like that. You have an easygoing style that I wish I could adopt but it just isn't me. And you're South African and that just rocks smile

The list of people I have "friended" is pretty short for a reason. I don't have time to read every single hub on hubpages, and I hate that I can't comment as often as I read, either, but I'm here, reading the hubs published by the people on my list!

3. cindyvine profile image89

Thanks GT, will try that!

4. profile image0
    Janettaposted 8 years ago

Aww...I thought it was because Ballroom loved me, guess not sad *cry,cry*

5. girly_girl09 profile image76
    girly_girl09posted 8 years ago

I saw that earlier today and had already added them as a friend before I saw all the activity in the feed! hmm

I wonder if a bot was doing? My reason being, there was a new friend added like every 10 seconds. How is that even possible to add that many people in such a short amount of time?

Hopefully we won't start having bots all over HubPages!

6. Feline Prophet profile image61
    Feline Prophetposted 8 years ago

Is it possible to get de-fanned...take yourself off someone's list?

7. cindyvine profile image89

FP, maybe HP can install a defanitizer on the site lol

1. Feline Prophet profile image61
      Feline Prophetposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hehe...well some...er...unlikely people seem to have become fans lately and I was just wondering...tongue

8. Shalini Kagal profile image79
    Shalini Kagalposted 8 years ago

You can defan yourself from someone's else's fan club - don't think you can defan someone from yours sad

1. Feline Prophet profile image61
      Feline Prophetposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm...thought as much. Oh well...

working