What are the black and white little bot faces on my statistics page

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 2 weeks ago

I can't seem to find anyplace that discusses all of the possible icons next to articles on a member articles list. I have been away from HP for quite a while and have just returned. I found most icon meanings, but there are little rectangle "bot" faces - at least that's what they look like to me - that are either black or white, and I can't find what they mean. When I go to look at an article that has one, there is no indication of editing. So it's not that. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago

It's called Editbot.   It's an automated spell checker. 

If an Editbot is showing up next to a Hub, it has already found mistakes AND fixed them.

The white Editbots have found mistakes in your Hub text - I would recommend checking those because the Editbot sometimes gets it wrong, and that can mess with the sense of your text.

The black Editbots have found mistakes in the comments on your Hub -  I've found these are not worth checking because it's very rare for the corrections to mess up the comment. 

Remember, the Editbot has already made the corrections.  So if you go to a Hub and you're happy with what the Editbot's done, you don't have to do anything. 

To check the Hubs:  go and look at the Hub, NOT in edit mode.  You'll see a button at the top "show x corrections".  Click on that and check the corrections.  If you're happy with them, just click the button to hide them again.  That will accept the corrections and make the editbot on your account page go away.

If you're not happy with the corrections, you can untick them and that will put the text back to the original.  If you realise you should've said something else entirely, you can go into Edit mode and fix it.

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you for such a complete and patient answer. I really appreciate it.

working