jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

How to improve my hub: "Tulum Ruins: America's Solomon's Temple"

1. kbdressman profile image93
    kbdressmanposted 2 weeks ago

Hi friends!

How would you improve the quality of and traffic to the following hub?   

http://hubpages.com/religion-philosophy … e-Americas

Comments related to niche sites are welcome, although I didn't see one that this hub was particularly suited for.   Thanks for your help in advance!

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago

I'm a bit surprised it's published given the links you've included.  I can only assume you haven't edited it since the rules were tightened.

HubPages is now very strict about what links are allowed.  They MUST be DIRECTLY related to the MAIN subject of the Hub.  Anything even vaguely tangential can lead to the Hub being unpublished.

In your case, the subject is the Tulum ruins.  They may be strikingly similar to Solomon's Temple, but your Hub is not about Solomon's Temple.  Therefore under the new rules, you can't have links to texts about Solomon's Temple.

Likewise, you end the Hub with a link to a travel agent.  If you linked to a specific page on that agent's site, giving further information on the Tulum ruins, that would be fine - but what you've got now is blatant advertising for the travel agent's services, which is classes as "overly promotional" and grounds for immediate unpublishing.

Fix those links and then consider recategorising your Hub.  It's not about religion, it's about travel, so it could be moved to WanderWisdom.

kbdressmanposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks for your help Marisa!  You were spot on in your evaluation.  I've been "inactive" on hubpages of late and clearly have some catching up to do!

kbdressmanposted 10 days ago in reply to this

It got moved to Owlcation today!  I was a little surprised at the website change, but hopefully it finds renewed readership at its new home.  Here's to having my first hub on a niche site!

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 10 days ago in reply to this

Congratulations!  The niche sites are the future of HubPages and where the highest traffic and highest earnings are likely to be achieved.   

All new Hubs are considered for the new sites when they are published, whereas old ones have to wait until a moderator notices them or until you can submit them under the 60 day rule.

kbdressmanposted 10 days ago in reply to this

I haven't had time to publish a new hub in a while as I'm in school right now. (But my idea list and started hub list is growing for Christmas break.)  This was an old article, my first submission to a niche site, so I'm pretty excited it got moved!

working