jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Testing forums...

1. jackclee lm profile image79
    jackclee lmposted 2 weeks ago

I have some issues of some forums not appearing on my list of activities. This is an annoyance and I decided to do some experiments. Pleas bear with me while I probe a little deeper into the workings of HubPages. I will keep you posted on my progress if any.

1. calculus-geometry profile image87
      calculus-geometryposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

To clarify, are they missing on your profile page or in the list of "your" on the forums page?

Not sure if you're aware, but when you're looking at the "your" tab on the forums pages, your topical forums posts and normal forums posts aren't combined in a single list.  You have to toggle between the two forums to see everything.

jackclee lmposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks, I didn't know that. That is what my problem was. I thought there was a bug. It is not intuitive. Another issue I have is the search. Why does some forum titles are searchable and others are not?

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
          paradigmsearchposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Am I missing something? Who flaming cares as to forum titles, etc.

It was a side issue. Since I had trouble viewing forums that I created, I was trying to search for it on HubPages. Unfortunately, they were not indexed. Some forum titles are easily searchable. That is another mystery of HubPages...

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 2 weeks ago

English is not your native language. I suggest you keep a low profile, though probably too late.

What, are you serious? What's my English have to do with forums and its possible problems. For your information, I have been living in this country for 55 years and have a master degree. My English is not perfect but I get by...

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
        paradigmsearchposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

I like you. My advice was regarding your hubs. Frankly, HP can be a real bastard in this regard. I have personally witnessed this. Stay low.

Which one of my hub do you have trouble undestanding? Perhaps I can rework it. My hubs are mostly based on my experiences and my opinions. Perhaps we are operating on different wavelength. Peace.

working