jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Praying for President-Elect Donald Trump

1. D L Roderick profile image84
    D L Roderickposted 2 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Praying for President-Elect Donald Trump. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. kbdressman profile image93
      kbdressmanposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

A few thoughts:
      A) Did you receive an email explaining why it didn't pass?  If so, what did it say?

B) Do you have permission to use all the photos you've used?  Do you list all the sources?

C) May not help with passing, but it'll help you maintain readers and do better in searches if you start your first section off by "telling your reader what you're going to tell them" in a short "thesis" statement, then explain your analogy, and then retell them what you've told them in a brief summary statement.  In writing hubs try to use short, clear sentences wherever possible.  (Clearly I struggle with that concept!)

D) If you're going to have the map module you need to talk about it in the text of your hub. (Along the same lines, talk about the photo of Christ, mention the video.  Right now it feels like you wrote the piece and then shoved media in along side the text because you knew that including several types of visuals was good for hub success.  Go back through and make it all feel like they belong together.  You may have to remove pieces you have to stretch to make fit.   

E) Have someone proofread it for you.  For example, what are you trying to say in your first sentence in the Mike Pence section?

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago

I was about to reply to this but I see kbdressman got in first and made all the points I would have!

HubPages seems to be tightening up on irrelevant material at the moment so I'm guessing the map is a problem, because it's not illustrating anything useful about the Hub.  Likewise, although the Hub is about prayer, I'm not sure that an image of Jesus is relevant to the topic.

Do, please, make sure you understand the legality of using images.  I know people use images illegally on the internet all the time and most do get away with it - but as a Christian I am sure you don't want to do anything morally wrong.  I have a Hub about how to use photos legally, you'll find it on the slider on my profile.

3. D L Roderick profile image84
    D L Roderickposted 13 days ago

Thanks for your feedback, especially with them tightening up some.  The only thing the email said was it might have spammy elements, like having links or promoting something.  I do have two people who edit each of my hubs before I publish it.

4. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 13 days ago

I wonder what the World Series has to do with the presidency or prayer. I think that paragraph should hit the mat and you should plunge right in to what your title says.

working