jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Older Hubs doing better?

1. belief713 profile image78
    belief713posted 7 years ago

I've noticed some of my very first HubPages I published are doing (and continue to do) better than others I publish(ed) - traffic and monetary wise. Not sure if I did things differently in the beginning or what. Has anyone who's been here a while noticed the same?

1. Everyday Miracles profile image92
      Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Have you looked to see where the traffic to those hubs is coming from? If it is from search engines, it could be because your hubs are just crawling up in Google because of organic backlinks. If you've edited them recently that helps, too. Search engines like fresh content and an edited hub is fresh content.

2. Drwibble profile image60
    Drwibbleposted 7 years ago

Hi belief713

I think it is the way most search engines work, where a new piece of information being added to the web i.e. your hub are moved high in the ratings due to it being new content. Over the coming months, it tends to sink down the ratings unless links are gradually formed, the article gets traffic, new content added to it. This helps it push up the ratings again. This is why most people here state that after 9 months then their traffic to their hubs tend to increase

3. charlemont profile image82
    charlemontposted 7 years ago

Some of my hubs pop up in Google #10 listings after several months of sitting nowhere.

4. Jerry G2 profile image82
    Jerry G2posted 7 years ago

Age can have a lot to do with how well a page ranks.  I've noticed on both Hubpages and Squidoo that a good page I make might get nothing for a few months even after a few articles to ezinearticles, but then give it 6-12 months and eventually they start getting a little consistent traffic, then a lot.  The past two months have been very pleasantly surprising for me as far as traffic, Adsense, etc, so hoping it keeps up smile

5. aniketgore profile image70
    aniketgoreposted 7 years ago

Yahe its true wait and watch you will get results.

6. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

Age normally effects how search engines find things. People also like knowing something that is fundamental or they need to be accurate are under the impression the older a work is the more correct it is.