jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Please, Provide Feedback? Here is my latest Hub

1. Kyriaki Chatzi profile image82
    Kyriaki Chatziposted 2 weeks ago

Dear fellow Hubbers, I recently published a new Hub and even though it made it to one of the niche sites, I'd like your feedback for future reference.

Here is the link: https://caloriebee.com/nutrition/Sugar- … n-Cinnamon

Please, "bring the pain". Hahahaha! I mean, feel free to point out the flaws, these are the ones that concern me, to be honest.

Thank you for taking the time to do so!

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago

If it made it to the niche site, then personally I would not dream of touching it!  The mere fact that it made it to the niche site tells you that you've got it right.

What I find interesting is that it's been accepted in spite of having lots and lots of links.

Recently we've had so many Hubs being rejected for links, some people have been saying "HubPages is getting weird about links, best avoid them".  However, your Hub proves that's not the case.

Your Hub is about cinnamon.  Every one of your many links is about cinnamon. So that is the rule - you can have as many links as you like, provided they are all related to the title of your Hub.  Thanks for providing the means to confirm that!

1. Kyriaki Chatzi profile image82
      Kyriaki Chatziposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi, Marissa. Thank you so much for taking the time to go through my piece!

Honestly? I didn't know this was a thing. I mean, the fact that they reject Hubs because they contain links. To be honest, I believe this is the strength of my Hubs.

The links I usually use refer to studies authorized by legit scientists that back up the article. Perhaps this is why they didn't have a choice but accept it.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about it. It's been constructive, to say the least.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

The rule for links is that all links must be directly related to your title - which yours are, so they wouldn't have had a problem with them. 

Where people are having trouble is when links are important but not related. For instance, say someone writes a Hub about youth violence and mentions that rising unemployment is one cause.  They naturally want to link to an article about unemployment, to prove that it is rising.  That link would not be allowed because it's about unemployment, not about youth violence.  People are struggling with that rule!

working