jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

New To Hubpages AnyTips?

1. Wiccan Cottage profile image72
    Wiccan Cottageposted 10 days ago

Hi everyone,
    I'm new here and was wondering i anyone has any tips  or advice for a new hubber? Right now I'm waiting for my first hub to get done with its Quality Assessment. So I thought it would be a good time to ask smile

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 10 days ago in reply to this

Hard to give tips unless you are asking about a particular issue. Have a browse around the Learning Center: https://hubpageshelp.com/

Welcome, and we look forward to reading your first article.

Wiccan Cottageposted 10 days ago in reply to this

Thank you
        and I now or my first Featured article up. smile
        http://hubpages.com/style/Jade-Meanings-and-Uses

1. theraggededge profile image94
          theraggededgeposted 10 days ago in reply to this

The problem with this type of topic is that the information has been well-documented elsewhere. Almost all your text appears on the website Gemselect.  For instance, the section 'Where Jade Hides' is almost a word for word copy. This is unacceptable on HubPages, even if you wrote the original, as duplicate content is forbidden.

There's no point reproducing writing that appears elsewhere. If it's yours, then you'll be competing with yourself for traffic. If it isn't, well, that's plagiarism and is illegal.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
            TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 days ago in reply to this

Yes. All work here is supposed to be original.  You cannot simply cut and paste info from other sources and expect to do well here.  I'm surprised this article was featured, but don't doubt it will be penalized for duplicate content.

2. fcmosher profile image88
      fcmosherposted 10 days ago in reply to this

Welcome to HP! I hope you get published here soon. Most newcomers ask about payments, so if that's part of what you're wondering about, that aspect takes time to happen for most of us. Stay with it, write consistently, and always seek to approve.

Thank you, yeah I thought it might take a while before any hope of a payment happens.  Mostly 'I'm looking or tips on how to get published, and stay there, as well as how to get traffic and any other tips anyone has.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 10 days ago in reply to this

It's all the Learning Centre but it can be a bit overwhelming at first. I wrote a few Hubs to help newbies understand the basics, you'll find them in the slider on my profile.

Ok thanks taking a look right now

working