jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

How many Amazon capsules am I allowed to use?

1. Kyriaki Chatzi profile image84
    Kyriaki Chatziposted 9 days ago

Hi! How are you doing today? Well, I'd like to ask a question. Does anyone know how many Amazon capsules are we allowed to include in each Hub?

Thank you!

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 9 days ago in reply to this

Hi Kyriaki,

It's more about the usefulness and added value of Amazon products in your article than the absolute number. Be sure your product is directly related to the article, that it is something necessary or important to the info in your article, that it's something your readers are unlikely to already own, and that you can add your own personal experience or info on why you're recommending that product.

Keep the intention of your readers in mind too. If your article is on the history of the Great Depression, your reader is not landing there to shop, so products are not really appropriate. However, if your article is on "Best Gifts for Owners of Small Dogs," for example, it will likely be appropriate to include several products as long as you can give your personal opinion on them (be sure to provide information beyond what can be found on Amazon) and why they're good options.

1. Kyriaki Chatzi profile image84
        Kyriaki Chatziposted 9 days ago in reply to this

Christy, I can't thank you enough!

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 days ago in reply to this

You should also remember that each ad you place is a portal through which your readers enter the Amazon site.  Therefore, you don't need many of them i order to get sales.  One or two well placed and well described ads as per Kristy's advice will bring in more sales than having a ton of them.  People do better when they have fewer choices.

2. RonElFran profile image97
        RonElFranposted 9 days ago in reply to this

Christy, what about books?

For my historical and informational hubs one of my objectives is to whet the reader's appetite to learn more about the subject. I would think that even though the reader didn't come to the hub with the intention to buy, having an Amazon capsule that points to good resource for learning more would be a great help to them. As a reader myself, I appreciate the convenience of not having to exit an article to do a separate search trying to find a good book about the subject.

So, are Amazon capsules that feature closely related books in non-sales hubs ok?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 8 days ago in reply to this

Hi Ron,

Yes, that is ok so long as you can explain why you're recommending the book. When the reader is not there to shop, you will need to provide a compelling reason behind every product you include (e.g. "This book goes into much greater detail and I used it to research this portion of the information on this article" etc).

1. RonElFran profile image97
            RonElFranposted 8 days ago in reply to this

Thanks, Christy.

working