jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)

Need assistance filing DMCA

1. Michael Kismet profile image91
    Michael Kismetposted 9 days ago

Lately, I've been filing DMCAs left to right.  Most of them have been easy-peasy, thanks to Hubpages new built-in option to file from Hubpages directly.  But there is one that is giving me a headache, and with my lack of experience, I can't make heads or tails of it.

The site that posted my article is "proudly powered by wordpress", but when I tried to file the DMCA(after trying to resolve it with the site owner first, of course) with Wordpress's DMCA form, it states

"The URL(s) you provided for Location of unauthorized material on WordPress.com are not from a WordPress.com site. We will not be able to process a DMCA complaint for non WordPress.com sites."

???  If anyone has insights on this matter, plese help!

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 9 days ago in reply to this

Are you sure it is a Wordpress.com site and not a self-hosted Wordpress blog? There's a difference. Wordpress doesn't have any jurisdiction over self-hosted blogs as far as I know.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 days ago in reply to this

I see you already got the help you need, but I have a question.  I was not ware that HP had a built in function for filing DMCA notices.  Can you tell me how to access it?  Thanks.

2. 60
    MariaVanwaposted 9 days ago

thank you

3. Michael Kismet profile image91
    Michael Kismetposted 9 days ago

Yes, thank you!   This is a marginally more helpful response..now on the obvious next question, where or how do I track down the proper medium to file aforementioned DMCA?

Thank you raggededge, for filling me in, now let's put our heads together and tackle this problem that is solely mine.  smile

1. Will Apse profile image89
      Will Apseposted 9 days ago in reply to this

lol. Well, I ain't helping.

2. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 9 days ago in reply to this

There is a hub on my carousel that goes into detail about how to find a hosting service and file with them.

4. Michael Kismet profile image91
    Michael Kismetposted 8 days ago

Thank you Dan!!

I read your hub, and followed your instructions.  Went through "Kloth", then "Arin" and got the right contact information to the host.  They emailed me back within minutes to tell me they would investigate and take appropriate action against the content thief..

Once again, thank you!!!!

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 8 days ago in reply to this

Most welcome.  That's why I wrote that - after going through the same thing, thought I might help someone else and save them some time.

5. Michael Kismet profile image91
    Michael Kismetposted 8 days ago

You say that like I'm a recovering heroine addict, haha.

Hubs tab --> Copied hubs tab --> then there should be "file dmca button" next to the copied hub.

Michael, it would help others a lot if you would use the "reply" button to the post you are replying to instead of the one at the bottom of the screen.  Hard to tell who you are talking to - if you go to the "threaded" view you'll see what I mean.

1. Michael Kismet profile image91
        Michael Kismetposted 8 days ago in reply to this

Ah, I see exactly what you mean, I will make the necessary adjustments.

Boy Dan, you sure are alleviating a lot of my ignorance today, you're like 3 for 3!  Thank you again!

big_smile

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 days ago in reply to this

Thanks.  As long as I've been here, there's still stuff I don't know!

working