jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (16 posts)

Conflicted with moving hubs to a vertical network site

1. Michael Kismet profile image88
    Michael Kismetposted 9 days ago

I already have a number of hubs moved to the Hubpages network sites, but haven't really seen a drastic traffic change in said hubs. So, is it worth the risk to submit one of my hubs that already receives a decent amount of daily views to a vertical site?

I'd hate to see aforementioned hub drop in traffic due to being moved to a vertical network site.  Any thoughts, anyone?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 9 days ago in reply to this

Every hubber is different, but the large majority that have moved seems very pleased.  I know I am - views are up over 100% and income even better.  With less than half my hubs being moved.

Michael Kismetposted 9 days ago in reply to this

Now that is a ringing endorsement, I will stay the course and move whichever hubs I can..thank you for your input, Dan.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 days ago in reply to this

It's always a risk, but the fact is that the niche sites are the future of HubPages.

ALL of HubPages' top-performing Hubs have now been moved to the niche sites.  Moderators are now trawling through the rest to find hidden nuggets - Hubs that are high quality but not getting the traffic they deserve.  It stands to reason that as all the good Hubs are moved off the main site, the main site is going to sink lower and lower in Google's estimation.

So my answer would be, yes you might get a dip in traffic if you move a Hub to a niche site, but in the long run it is bound to do better there.   Whereas if it stays on the main site, traffic is likely to decline.

Michael Kismetposted 9 days ago in reply to this

Rest assured, I'm picking up everything you're putting down.  smile   

As always, I appreciate your no nonsense, apt responses.

Thank you, Marisa.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 9 days ago in reply to this

You're welcome. Glad to see you got a response on the DMCA by the way, I missed that post.

3. Solaras profile image91
      Solarasposted 8 days ago in reply to this

It may also depend on which network site your are aiming for.  The family/parenting one evidently is not doing as well as some of the others.  Which site were you hoping to have your hub transferred to?

4. Let-freedom-rigng profile image62
      Let-freedom-rigngposted 8 days ago in reply to this

I would think if your item is doing well where it is, then leave it where it is. Is it making any money? I don't really know that you will do any better if you put it here. Besides, you would have to delete the current post, so that your article or post doesn't represent a fraudulent copy of your own or someone else's work.

2. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 8 days ago

Others have already said this, but I guess I'll confirm it too. My Hubs generally see an increase in traffic when they are moved to niche sites. So, my feeling is that niche sites will just improve traffic and earnings. I've never submitted one to be moved yet though. If one is already doing well, not sure if I'd move it or not. I thought the advice from admin (anyone, correct me if I'm wrong) was to submit older Hubs with lower traffic - after improvements are made on them.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 8 days ago in reply to this

As I understand it, HubPages wants top hubs moved, which includes high traffic ones.

But consider: if you move a hub getting 10 views per day and traffic doubles, your efforts at re-writing gain you 10 views/day.  If you do the same with a hub getting 500 views/day, you stand to gain 500 views for the same effort.  Which makes more sense? 

Yes, there is risk, but I have yet to see any hub drop in traffic for more than a few days.  And most have doubled.

1. Let-freedom-rigng profile image62
        Let-freedom-rigngposted 8 days ago in reply to this

If they move to hubpages? Well that sounds promising. But I kind of like the idea of writing new articles. Instead of rewriting old articles.

Start a new article with a same topic, perhaps.

Marisa Wrightposted 8 days ago in reply to this

We're talking about submitting a Hub to be promoted from the HubPages main site to the niche sites.

2. NateB11 profile image92
        NateB11posted 8 days ago in reply to this

Here it says: "You may want to consider submitting your highest-quality and lowest-traffic articles first—lower-traffic articles are likely to be further down in our selection queue. " It says it near the beginning of the post under "Article Submission - You only submit one article every 60 days".
        http://blog.hubpages.com/2016/08/09/aut … -requests/

3. Michael Kismet profile image88
    Michael Kismetposted 8 days ago

I want to thank everyone for taking the time to help out a fellow hubber, which reaffirms why HubPages is such a great platform to write on..

I got all the answers I needed, so at this point we're all just whipping the proverbial dead horse.  Marisa has spoken, and I take her word as LAW.  Seriously Marisa, if you ever feel like stirring up a revolution, I'll be right behind you.  smile

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 8 days ago

I agree with everyone else here who has seen positive results. I have not initiated requests, but several of mine have been moved and are now my top-performing hubs. The first ones that were moved were generally better performers to begin with, but some, even though they were written as well, were not getting much traffic. At first, I did no editing or tweaking - I had been inactive here for a long while. When I saw the increased traffic and revenue from the niche sites, I began editing a bit as I found things that could be updated or where I could enhance the SEO elements.

The niche sites give our work traffic due to consolidating the topics or themes - this is very significant - a person can land on the niche site by searching for an entirely different piece and then be driven to your work because of the internal links and the relevance. When our work is on the niche sites, Google isn't filtering things in the same manner. UGCs (user-generated content sites) are penalized due to the diversity of the topics and the lack of consistency in quality.

Marisa is right - niche sites are the future of HubPages. I hope HP considers additional themes going forward - there's some great writing on the site that doesn't yet fit into one of the current niche themes.

Marisa Wrightposted 8 days ago in reply to this

+1

working