jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Is there a way to temporarily use Adsense Ads instead of HP Ad program

1. Solaras profile image91
    Solarasposted 7 days ago

I was just a few dollars from making this month's Adsense payment on my blog, and thought I'll switch over to Adsense from HP Ad program for the day. and get my next Adsense payment a month earlier.  I can't figure out where to find the way to change it.  Is that option gone now?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 6 days ago in reply to this

Marisa is correct. Just turn the Ad Program off in your Earnings Settings which will result in all the ads being filled by AdSense (you can turn it back on again whenever you like). You will still have the same number of ads, but they will only display AdSense ads and not HP ads.

While you should reach AdSense payout faster this way, be aware that most writers earn more overall with HP Ads turned on (just less in their AdSense account) so if you disable it, you will likely be earning less total money, it will just all be going to your AdSense account rather than being split between AdSense and HP.

Solarasposted 6 days ago in reply to this

Thanks Christie - I was just $2.00 from payout and was hoping to push it over, but I'll just have to be patient lol.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 days ago

I'm pretty sure you just go into Settings, click "configure" on the Ad program and deactive it.

You don't need to change any settings on Adsense because it's active all along.

Solarasposted 7 days ago in reply to this

Thanks Marisa - Would that then replace the HP Ad spaces with Adsense ads or would I just have fewer ads on the page?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 days ago in reply to this

Solaras:  You probably know this, but just in case you don't...you can only have one adsense account, so if you have other sites outside of HP, all of the earnings from them go into that one account along with those from HP.

working