jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: How Does My Garden Grow And Grow

1. dingyskipper profile image81
    dingyskipperposted 6 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub How Does My Garden Grow And Grow. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 6 months ago in reply to this

It's a lovely hub. The photos are beautiful.

The main problem is that it's essentially a blog post, not an article. However, you might be able to get it through QAP with some pruning - for instance, the reference to the date on the photos isn't necessary. Remember that HubPages are looking for useful and informative articles. So by all means document your personal journey but also try to include loads of information.

The title should be changed to something people might be searching for... English Garden Makeover, perhaps?

The table for the plum is also unnecessary - it doesn't add anything to the hub. If you want to use a table, you could list your plants with their appropriate qualities for the space where you are using them or something like that.

Remove the link to Victorian Nursery.

Move the captions (headings) on the photo capsule to the actual caption space under the photo. Photo capsules don't need headers - they just look messy.

You could use bold text on the plant names, adding their Latin equivalent in italics.

Use bullet points for the list of jobs.

Remove the link to the RHS.

Check your grammar - the section November in the Garden - 'photos' doesn't need an apostrophe. Just read the text aloud and you'll pick up any small errors.

Hope it gets approved and happy gardening - you did a great job.

dingyskipperposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Thankyou so much

And another mistake it "Thank You" LOL

2. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 6 months ago

Don't do a blog post about your life.
    Your images each tell their own story. You could have so many hubs instead of this one hub. Write several hubs on various topics. I highly recommend unpublishing this hub and using it as an idea bank for a multitude of other hubs that could perform VERY well.

For example:

How to grow your own turnips (or whatever vegetable)
    How to care for a Myrobalan (Yellow Plum) Tree
    Beautiful plants that require little care
    How to make-over your garden
    How to lay gravel for your garden
    How to edge a garden
    How to cut back shrubs
    How to build a woodhenge
    How to lay concrete slabs
    Flowers that bloom in the fall

You seem to have done a LOT! And I think you could write a lot of very informative hubs and make a bit of money at it! I'd be willing to look at some of your future hubs if you want more help. Hit me up!

Thank you, I did think some smaller ones could come from it

working