jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Stop Following Hubs

1. Jodah profile image85
    Jodahposted 8 months ago

I know we can "stop following hubs" by clicking that option on the email notification etc. but what about hubs that we don't get email notifications for. In my notifications on site "Top 20 Female Singers of All Time" is continually showing up. I did read this hub once and comment but no longer wish to be notified about it, however it never appears in my email notifications so I don't have an option to unfollow it. Any suggestions?

1. bravewarrior profile image93
      bravewarriorposted 8 months ago in reply to this

You should be able to unfollow on the hub itself, John. Go to the bottom of the comments section and see if you are given that option.

1. bravewarrior profile image93
        bravewarriorposted 8 months ago in reply to this

At the very least you should be able to uncheck "follow comments on this hub" (or however it's worded).

2. Jodah profile image85
        Jodahposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Thanks, Shauna. I never realised that "unfollow" button was just above the comments.

2. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 8 months ago

If you go here in your account
    http://hubpages.com/my/activity/hubs-following
    you'll see the list of all the hubs you're currently following and then you can unfollow the ones you don't like anymore.  There's no way to sort it, unfortunately, but you can  use "Ctrl +F" to find the title.

1. Jodah profile image85

Thanks for that CG. I managed to delete a lot that I didn't realize I was still following.

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
        Venkatachari Mposted 8 months ago in reply to this

But, you may not know whether you unfollowed all unwanted hubs or not until you get a notification or email. But, whenever you receive the notification even after a year or more, you can click the 'unfollow" button by opening the hub. It is always available  there whenever you are signed in to HP.

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
          Venkatachari Mposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Hark, John! I just realized that even after we unfollow hubs, notifications will be there always (not emails) if once you comment on a hub. So, you can't avoid notifications unless you opt out from notifications forever. I didn't find any option to opt out from notification for a particular hub after a certain period.

1. Jodah profile image85

Thanks, Venkat.

working