jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Contests

1. Natalie Frank profile image97
    Natalie Frankposted 8 months ago

I keep seeing all these contests pop up as I'm looking at popular hubs to see what gets views.  However, they are all at least two years old.  Does HP still do contests of any kind other than the big yearly awards where there is some kind of criteria to meet (e.g. 5 HUBS in a week - i saw the 30 days 30 hubs but that seems outdated as well), on a certain topic (e.g. psychology, indoor gardening) or something practical (e.g. cooking, DIY articles)?  Just needing a bit of incentive as it takes me so long to write one article here compared to other work I'm doing and I'm not yet signed up with adsence yet so I'm not making anything at this point.  Thanks.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Hi Natalie,

We did used to hold more contests. Our last major one (other than the Hubbie Awards) was in 2015. We hope to hold more contests in the future, things have just been very busy with getting the Network Sites up and running and curating articles.

Natalie Frankposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for letting me know
          I think it would be very motivating to have a contest every now and then.

2. melbel profile image91
        melbelposted 8 months ago in reply to this

I really like this contest. I'm sad I missed it!

Natalie Frankposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Me too.

2. SakinaNasir53 profile image86
      SakinaNasir53posted 8 months ago in reply to this

I would love to participate in contests too Natalie. I wish we have them soon. ☺

2. lobobrandon profile image83
    lobobrandonposted 8 months ago

It's been a really long time since the last contest. Maybe even more than a year. So don't hope for one to come along soon. The team is currently busy making a lot of changes and have all their time invested there, I guess.

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 months ago

The 30 Hubs in 30 days was never a contest, more of a personal challenge.  It still exists, but all you do is post your Hubs on a thread in the forums as you write them - no prizes at the end.

I think HubPages may have decided that while contests spur people to write more, it does backfire because some people respond by churning out Hubs too quickly to meet the closing date.

4. melbel profile image91
    melbelposted 8 months ago

I would be down for a "Best Hub of the Week" contest.

This site used to be more motivating...

5. Sherry Hewins profile image93
    Sherry Hewinsposted 8 months ago

I used to enjoy the weekly topic inspiration. I got a couple of hubs that still do well by participating. I guess the staff is busy with other things now.

6. Natalie Frank profile image97
    Natalie Frankposted 8 months ago

A weekly topic contest sounds fun.  Especially if you get some well performing hubs out of it even if you don't win.

working