jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (12 posts)

I've made a huge revamp of my hub - please comment your thoughts.

1. joween18 profile image82
    joween18posted 2 months ago

Hi hubbers, just now, I just finished editing my hub: http://hubpages.com/technology/10-Inter … hould-Know. I've added new photos and edited some of the contents. Can this be now moved to a niche site? I will appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image84
      SakinaNasir53posted 2 months ago in reply to this

There are way too many links. I don't think they will allow that. Did you check the requirements for the niche site? There is a button "Submit to a niche site". Click on that and go on ticking the requirements needed, if they are present in your hub. If not you need to work harder. Don't submit your hub after that if you need time. This method is just for checking if your hub has all the requirements needed to make it move to a niche site.
      I hope this helps. Good luck! ☺

joween18posted 2 months ago in reply to this

The links are necessary to direct the readers to the corrects sites that I wanted them too. However, I've submitted a hub to the niche site "reelrundown" and failed. Now I have to wait for 60 days. I will have to wait till then.

Thanks by the way, for leaving a reply. smile

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 months ago in reply to this

You can direct them without using the link process.  Those links will definitely keep your hub from moving to a niche site.  HP does not want writers directing readers to other sites.  Too many outbound links will do that.

2. Chriswillman90 profile image92
      Chriswillman90posted 2 months ago in reply to this

It looks really well made and I hope it gets moved eventually. Maybe there are too many links but I can understand why. I didn't see if all your photos were credited I know that plays a huge difference sometimes.

Some photos were created by myself. I totally understand crediting photos but nevertheless thanks for your feedback. It really helps.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94

You should credit them, even if they are your own.  This is the only way for anybody to know who created them.

3. theraggededge profile image93
      theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Hi there,

There are several issues with your hub that will prevent it from being moved to a niche site.

1. Too many links. Hubpages wants articles to be as complete as possible. The last thing they want is readers being directed to other sites for information that should be on the hub.

2. You can't use the Google logo. There's even a trademark right on it.

3. Don't begin the article with a poll. Move it down the page a little.

4. Too much bold text. I understand why you are using it, but HP isn't keen. The whole hub looks messy and difficult to scan.

5. The Amazon capsule (Windows 10) isn't relevant to the content. You might think it is, but it isn't (internet browsing vs operating system). The capsule title 'Sponsored' is misleading. Microsoft isn't sponsoring your hub.

6. Make sure all images are legal-to-use. https://hubpageshelp.com/media/Learning … -image-use

Solutions would be as previously suggested. Break the hub up into smaller hubs that contain all the information referred to.

Hope that helps.

Wow! Thank for this. Gonna keep this in mind. smile

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

2. jackclee lm profile image78
    jackclee lmposted 2 months ago

Your hub contains too much information. I would consider breaking it up to two or more hubs. Also, some images are of poor quality. I suggest getting a better screen shot or more detailed image for what you are trying to communicate. Otherwise, a great hub content. I've learned some new tricks. Thanks.

Glad to hear that you've learned some. Thanks for the feedback! smile

working