jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (13 posts)

Portrait of A Mother

1. ARUN KANTI profile image58
    ARUN KANTIposted 6 months ago

I wish to know why my favourite hub is not being featured.

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image85
      SakinaNasir53posted 6 months ago in reply to this

Please post the link so that we can have a look at it.

ARUN KANTIposted 6 months ago in reply to this
        1. SakinaNasir53 profile image85
          SakinaNasir53posted 6 months ago in reply to this

I think some people and myself have given views on this before. You had created a forum before too.

I give below the proper link now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
            http://hubpages.com/literature/PORTRAIT-OF-AMOTHER

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
              Venkatachari Mposted 6 months ago in reply to this

I have just viewed this hub also. It is a personal blog just like the others. So, my answer will be the same as provided earlier today in this thread. Besides, there is a link to your own hub about your father in the hub which I feel should not be there. The content is also very short to qualify for a featured hub.
              If you want to keep it as it is, you can leave it and never expect for getting it featured. Otherwise, you may remove from HubPages and post on your own blog.

Thank you for your suggstions.However, let me add that after the tribute was published I received acclaim from different parts of the globe suggesting  that  she was no ordinary woman and had qualities of exemplary nature.While I agree that the hub may be expanded but I personally that the people now have little time to go through lengthy write ups.

I can understand your points. But, lengthy hubs are also read by many viewers when they are interesting. I have also received many comments praising my "tribute to my spouse" hub as you can notice at my profile spotlighted hubs. But, it is not featured till now.

I have read your hub with interest. It is a great tribute to a wonderful woman. Thank you for sharing.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
          psycheskinnerposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Are you sure that is the right one.  It is not "portrait of a mother".

I give below the proper link:.
            http://hubpages.com/literature/PORTRAIT-OF-AMOTHER
            Sorry for the inconvenience due to an  inadvertent mistake.Thank you for your visit.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 months ago

It seems you are not keeping up to date with rule changes on HubPages.

There are two reasons why this Hub might not be Featured.

One is Amazon capsules.  The new rules state that if you include an Amazon product, it must be relevant to the TITLE of your Hub AND you must say why you personally recommend that particular product.  Your Amazon products fail these tests.

The other is the subject.   HubPages requires that all Hubs are of interest to the general public. If you write a Hub that is of interest only to yourself or your family, it is not acceptable.  Although I am sure your family appreciates this Hub, it is not of much interest to people who did not know your mother.

True, Marisa. I experience this problem with my hub also titled "A tribute to my spouse". It is a very dearest article for me. Only people who care for my feelings might visit that hub. But, I am not worried whether it is featured or unfeatured. And, I am not going to remove it from there as I love my own presentation of it in such a nice way.
      I think Arun Kanti should also not bother about its being unfeatured. He should be happy that he has created a good work and expressed his feelings in such a beautiful presentation.

working