jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

What's the Story About the Niche Site Twitter and Google+ Accounts?

1. eugbug profile image93
    eugbugposted 3 months ago

Practically no followers, not following anyone and hardly any tweets (no tweets yet on some accounts).
    Is it just that HubPages haven't had the time/resources to deal with social media sharing?
    I understand most traffic comes from organic searches and people don't actually go to a specific website to look up information, however if a site gets the reputation of being authoritative on a specific subject (not like the original mothersite) with lots of interesting article content, maybe they would do so, for casual reading anyway?
    Would sharing and interacting on social media not contribute to brand awareness of the niche sites?
    Am I missing something here with my naive understanding of sales and marketing!?

Note: The Twitter accounts don't list the website of their corresponding niche site?

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
      calculus-geometryposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Perhaps it's the Twitter/G+ version of domain squatting.  They may have no intention of using the accounts anytime soon, but they don't want someone else to take the usernames.

eugbugposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Well that's what I assumed. Some of the handles with the same name as the sites are taken so they've had to add dotcom to the end to create a valid name. Personally I've found Twitter and Google+ to be useless as regards getting referral traffic and they're probably concentrating on Facebook. However I've found adding hashtags to tweets can create tens of thoussnds of impressions per tweet over time, so surely there's nothing to lose as regards getting the names of the sites recognised.

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
          calculus-geometryposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I see they've also created Flipboard accounts for many of the niche sites (maybe all, I only checked half a dozen names)  Some accounts have magazines and some have none.  Sounds like HP needs to hire a social media manager to generate more activity on all these social media profiles.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 months ago in reply to this

We are still working on getting many of the social channels started, but will alert Hubbers when they're up and running as we did with the Facebook pages. smile

eugbugposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for the Update Christy! The niche site website addresses seem to be missing from the corresponding Twitter and at least some of the Facebook accounts. I didn't check all Facebook accounts but Axleaddict and TurboFuture display the addresses whereas they're missing from DenGarden and HealDove.

working