jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Do I hire a contractor or build my own outdoor fire

1. Backyard Flare profile image63
    Backyard Flareposted 6 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Do I hire a contractor or build my own outdoor fireplace?. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 6 months ago in reply to this

No page.

I'm assuming from your user name you thought that HubPages might be somewhere to promote your business? You have been misinformed. This is a site for writers.

2. quotations profile image91
      quotationsposted 6 months ago in reply to this

I skimmed your hub and it seems to me that you actually have two articles or topics which should be separate. You start off by asking whether you should hire a contractor or do it yourself. As a reader, I would like to see a discussion of the pros and cons of both options, which I think you do touch on. But then you go into great depth about materials and design inspiration. To me. that's a completely different hub. You might consider breaking it into two and making sure that all of the content is directly related to your topic.

2. Backyard Flare profile image63
    Backyard Flareposted 6 months ago

Thank you, theraggededge, for your reply.  I do fancy myself as an intellectual and a writer.  I enjoy the art of writing specifically about topics I am passionate about.  It is true that I have written about outdoor fireplaces and it does happen to be my business.  I also feel that if I can offer assistance and/or help to someone who is seeking it, that I can use my professional knowledge base to author articles that contain a usable substance.

It is much like your profile indicating you like the world of tarot.  Most of your articles surround the tarot theme and I'm sure you have a wide knowledge of that topic.  Just demonstrates that each of us will write about aspects in our life that we actually know and understand.  Again, thank you and I hope you and your family have a great Christmas.

working