jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

"Copied Hubs" is a pain in the Butt.

1. Don Bobbitt profile image93
    Don Bobbittposted 5 months ago

OK, It's great that HP has this service for us to see which of our Hubs have been copied, but there could be a few improvements.
    First of all, I can't read the darn listing. They have selected colors (dark blue on dark gray) that make it almost impossible to read the text. I don't know why they picked these colors, but I really look silly holding a magnifier over my PC screen in an effort to decipher the offending site.
    Then there are the sites that just never reply to a warning from you. In fact some of these site don't even seem to be managed by anyone, anymore.
    Anyway, every time I go over to this section, I get so frustrated that I have to deal with these (often unknowing) thieves that I will often just give up and tell myself to come back later.
    DON

1. sallybea profile image97
      sallybeaposted 5 months ago in reply to this

I agree with you about the colors.  They are incredibly wishy-washy and do nothing to enhance the writing.  I wish we could have a show of hands to see if everyone really does approve of them or not!
      As for the thieves, I give up when it comes to them, some I have not been able to shift for years.

2. Maina Ndungu profile image84
      Maina Ndunguposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Don't waste your time writing to content thieves. Contact the hosting company and the content will be taken down immediately.

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 months ago

I've had pretty good luck by complaining to the hosting service.  Most are quick to jump on copied material and will sometimes even close down the offending site completely if necessary.

The biggest problem is when the host is in another country, such as China.  The Chinese are notorious for stealing material and the government is of no help, either.  Sometimes the only thing left is to request of the search engines that the thief be taken from the SERP's.

working