jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: A Massachusetts Winter's Tale: Manchester By The Se

1. profile image81
    Mills Pposted 2 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub A Massachusetts Winter's Tale: Manchester By The Sea. What can I do to improve? Thanks!
    I received an e-mail about spammy elements, but I don't see any.

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image84
      SakinaNasir53posted 2 months ago in reply to this

Hi Mills P! ☺
      I would suggest the following points.
      1. Break your hub under suitable sub headings, bullets and numbering. This will make your hub look neater and easily scannable.

2. Add more images. Make sure they are in the public domain (copyright free). Pixabay, Pexels.com and Morguefile.com are great to use.

3. Add an appropriate video.

4. Add callout capsules, polls and tables wherever necessary to engage readers.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

1. profile image81
        Mills Pposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thanks. These things might help, but the question I was hoping to get answered is this: How do the images I posted and have not changed get construed as spam elements when they completely relate to the film I have reviewed? This is the second time HP has claimed spam elements when the images relate exactly to the piece I have reviewed? Normally, I don't have problems, but I'm having them here without a valid explanation.

1. theraggededge profile image93
          theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I can only see one image, which appears to be a video still. The attributed link goes nowhere as it is incorrect. That will prevent your hub being approved.

Movie reviews are tricky things image-wise because it's hard to get hold of legal-to-use stills. You can get round that by using a video capsule with the official trailer. It might be okay to use good quality screenshots from that.

The text is too 'blocky'. Remember that many people will be reading on their phones so you need to check out the mobile preview.

1. profile image81
            Mills Pposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thanks, I made some changes I hope will help.

working