jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (15 posts)

Money or fame?

1. Leland Janson profile image60
    Leland Jansonposted 7 years ago

If you ask me, I'd rather have money than fame.

How about the rest of you.  What's your motivation?

Living comfortably and no financial stress or worries, or the sheer adulation of fame?

2. thranax profile image60
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

I would chose money over fame, because if your famous there is normally someone out to kill you for something.

The problem is you can't have money without fame 99% of the time.

3. Klniksta profile image60
    Klnikstaposted 7 years ago

4. flread45 profile image81
    flread45posted 7 years ago

your money

5. girly_girl09 profile image79
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

money! being really famous, in my opinion, would very much be a hindrance to living life.

6. DRG Da Real Grinc profile image77
    DRG Da Real Grincposted 7 years ago

Money over fame. fame nowadays can get you in trouble as your being followed everywhere.

7. 0
    pgrundyposted 7 years ago

Neither. Good health, a room to grow food, and the love of my man and my family. Money is only as good as the paper it's printed on, which right now is not worth much. big_smile

1. shibashake profile image84
      shibashakeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

So true. Without good health, you won't be enjoying either fame or money.

8. Research Analyst profile image79
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

Fame begets money, does money lead to fame?

1. 0
      Janettaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Haha...two words...Paris Hilton big_smile

9. anglnwu profile image88
    anglnwuposted 7 years ago

A little of both--enough to bask in them and be happy but not enough to grow a big head and live on cloud 9. There's no such thing as cloud 9, right?

I don't think cash and fame can exist in perfect harmony.

10. Roxy Marshall profile image60
    Roxy Marshallposted 7 years ago

It all depends. I lean more towards money, but if the fame is a good fame then i would like a little bit of both. If the fame is...Paris Hilton, or Lindsay Lohan fame then no thanks.

11. Chris Fawthrop profile image60
    Chris Fawthropposted 7 years ago

Definitly money, fame can lead to all sorts of problems. With money you can build yourself up to lead a comfortable life, but I think it would be too stressful to be famous

12. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

Money not fame. Money can be used to do good for the world, fame means paying a huge price in loss of privacy.

13. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
    GeneriqueMediaposted 7 years ago

Honestly, I don't want either.

I mean, I know I sound like a jackhole for saying so...but fame and fortune, if it arrives at my doorstep, I want to work hard for it.

Fame gets you people following you everywhere you go, and I don't need to have someone wanting my autograph every three seconds.

Money, really, is just a means to an end. I just need to eat, have clothes on my back, be able to play a little old skool video games, pick up the occasional movie, have access to the internets...

...and have a space to create. I have very little $ now but I am quite content. I'm only working hard at this point to help out others around me and to pay off many of my debts.

I suppose if I had lots of money I could go travel the world...but without all the friends around me (off and online) it just wouldn't be fun. smile

Sincere for Three Seconds,