jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Your first steps in Mobile Strike

1. Mobileplayer profile image80
    Mobileplayerposted 2 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Your first steps in Mobile Strike (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Your first step is not to leave a fake comment on your own article big_smile

Mobileplayerposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I didn't leave that comment. I had a friend look at it online while it was in temp status, they left the comment.

I don't understand. My English writing is a decent quality and I think my grammar is OK (I am not an English writing major). My friend believed the content was decent and definitely accurate.

This is why I posted for help.

1. profile image60
          MSplayer257posted 2 months ago in reply to this

I'm the above mentioned friend that reviewed the article.

Definitely not the writer of that content. But it is interesting to hear that because a comment was left, it is assumed that it must have been from the publisher themselves. Figured I would at least set that fact straight smile

2. theraggededge profile image94
    theraggededgeposted 2 months ago

I see you deleted it. Wise. You really want comments from people who find your hub after searching for it. Having obvious congratulatory and gratuitous comments looks spammy. Comments are better if they refer to the actual content - such as... "I love this game, but I'm having trouble with..." you get the idea.

Okay, so you need to write up a proper intro. To the game. What it is, who publishes it, how can people get it. What devices it's played on. You also need a brief description of the gameplay - who are you playing as, who are the enemies, what is the objective. Only then can you launch into the tutorial info.

Break up your large blocks of text into smaller paragraphs. Use bullet points as often as possible as they make instructions easier to read. Remember that most people are reading on mobile devices, so check the mobile preview.

Read your text out loud - you will pick up errors in phrasing and missing words.

Hope that helps.

Mobileplayerposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I can do that,  but there are plenty of other related articles to similar games that do none of that.  Why does it become a requirement for mine.

I see published hubs that are simply lists of jokes or a collection of pictures of a pretty girl and those are published, just trying to think why mine is being held to such a apparently higher standard, compared to other relevant articles.

Cheers

1. theraggededge profile image94
        theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Because they haven't gone through the Quality Assessment Process. Until they are edited they will just sit there. HubPages used to be full of such sub-standard dross. Edited and new hubs are subject to stricter standards. Be glad.

Have you got any better images for the game, and can you get permission to use them from the publisher?

3. Mobileplayer profile image80
    Mobileplayerposted 2 months ago

Thankyou fir your advice,  but apparently after another redraft, my article is still not passing the QAP. I am just trying to understand what critical element (s) I am missing.

Any suggestive would be helpful,  because the feedback from the process is minimal and honestly not very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

working