jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

Confused about sharing Niche links

1. Rafini profile image88
    Rafiniposted 7 months ago

I just shared one of my hubs that has been published on a Niche site and the image that shows up has nothing to do with my hub!  omg, I just clicked the link and it takes visitors to a generic homepage rather than my article.  Is it supposed to do that?  How can I promote my hub if I don't have a reliable link to it?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Where are you trying to post the article? Remember to wait until your articles are Featured (and no longer pending) before trying to post.

Rafiniposted 7 months ago in reply to this

My hub is on a Niche site so of course it was already published.  I posted the link on Facebook.  Not only does the image that shows up not belong to my article but when i click the link that I just posted it takes me to a generic homepage where my article does NOT show up.  So, how do I promote my hub/article if I don't have a reliable link to it?

Which site were you posting from?

This might be a caching issue on Facebook's end. Have you already given Facebook's Link Debugger Tool a try?

Reel Rundown

What is a caching issue?

Sometimes Facebook stores incorrect information on pages, in which case putting the link in the Debugger Tool linked above should fix the problem.

I just tried the debugger tool with my original link and the niche link.  Both came out the same with the correct image and article.

How do I go from the debugger tool to posting a link?

If you post the link into your Facebook status, the correct information should now show up there as well.

Okay, thanks!

working