jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Dance (Vertical)

1. Say Yes To Life profile image85
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 2 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Dance (Vertical). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
      Venkatachari Mposted 2 months ago in reply to this

You may like to see my comment on your hub. I think the grouping of it in Relationships is not okay. That can be one minus point.

2. chasmac profile image98
      chasmacposted 2 months ago in reply to this

The Amazon link to your own book might be seen as self-promotional.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago

I can see multiple things wrong with it.  I'd suggest you have a read of my Hub summarising HubPages' rules (you'll find it in the slider on my profile), as I think you may not be up to date with the latest changes.

First of all, it's miscategorized.   You begin the Hub with a reference to relationships, but the vast majority of the Hub is just a discussion of dance, with only a sentence or two to relate each dance style to relationships.

Secondly, you include an Amazon product which is not relevant to the title of the Hub.

Thirdly, you have several links at the end of the Hub, which are not related to the title of the Hub.

Four, I suspect the opening paragraphs, which are about your book, would be seen as self-promotional.

Five, you are not attributing your images correctly, which is illegal.  When you want to use a file from Wikimedia Commons, make sure you click on the "Use this File on the web" link, and copy the URL into the URL field AND the Attribution into the Source box.

By the way, I have to correct one small error in your belly dance section:  there is absolutely ZERO evidence that belly dance was invented as an aid to birth.  It is used in traditional societies in the Middle East today, but scholars believe it's more likely to have started as a dance of entertainment, and women then noticed its beneficial effects. 

The myths of it being invented for childbirth, or being a dance "by women for women only", were spread by early belly dancers in America because they were trying to counteract the reputation of belly dance as the "hoochy coochy" dance.

working