jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

URL and Traffic

1. Anita Hasch profile image83
    Anita Haschposted 6 months ago

Do you have to pay to have somebody from hubpages go through your URL's and improve them. I would like to improve my traffic and think this is holding me back.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Hi Anita,

You have the option to change and customize your URL when you first start an article, but once a URL is created, it is permanent. Should you wish to change your URL, you will need to create a new article with the desired wording and copy/paste your article's content to the new one, but be aware that any ranking the old URL may have achieved with Google will be lost when you create the new one.

Anita Haschposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Thank you Christy. I managed to remove the http:// just now, thank goodness, as it was not suppose to have been there in the first place. Guess I did something wrong. Your quick response is appreciated.

I did not change anything in the actual title.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
            Christy Kirwanposted 6 months ago in reply to this

The title and URL are separate. Feel free to edit and tweak your article's title. It is only the URL you won't be able to change. smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 6 months ago in reply to this

I'm not sure what you're changing, Anita - because as Christy says, it's impossible to change the URL after you've created your Hub.  Impossible.

You CAN change your titles, and that's allowed and even encouraged, if you can think up a better one.

When you create a Hub, the URL is automatically created for you BUT you can change it at that point, so that's the time to think about it.  Once the Hub is created, it's too late, but it's not a tragedy.  The title is far, far more important to get right than the URL.

Thank you Marisa. I have changed the title and that is now correct. Where do I find the shortened URL that they gave when I published that hub?
            Thanks for your assistance.

2. Suit n Tie profile image77
    Suit n Tieposted 6 months ago

At the end of the day the most important thing is the content of the article. The URL is insignificant compared to that.

Thank you Suit n Tie. I will have to be more careful when I publish a hub, because some of my URLs are really ugly.

working