jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

My Earnings

1. Segun Tewogbola profile image80
    Segun Tewogbolaposted 3 months ago

How come ever since I joined HP many years ago, I have never receive a dime, despite the fact that I signed all necessary Ads, Amazon, etc. My Pay Pal is also signed?
    Somebody should please try and put me through, I am not encouraged with HP

1. CYong74 profile image89
      CYong74posted 3 months ago in reply to this

Where are your hubs? I see only one on your profile page.

2. Matt Wells profile image
      Matt Wellsposted 3 months ago in reply to this

As FatFreddysCat said, only one of your Hubs is Featured. Updating your content will make it more likely your Hubs will become Featured and improve your chances of earning money.

3. greenmind profile image91
      greenmindposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Hi -- I'm surprised you're concerned about making money on HP, since it looks like your writing is aimed in a very different direction. You would need to focus on Amazon modules that offer products, and write about subjects that are interesting to readers who are looking to purchase something. Religious writing is not going to do that on its own.

1. Segun Tewogbola profile image80
        Segun Tewogbolaposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I was not writing primarily for money; but since I joined HP, not to even receive just $10 for all the years put together, with the ads. I don't know.
        However, I appreciate your comments. Thanks

1. Sherry Hewins profile image95
          Sherry Hewinsposted 3 months ago in reply to this

You would not receive any money until you reach the minimum payout of $50. However, if you look at your earnings tab, and it does not show even a few cents, I would wonder if you have everything set up correctly.

You did not mention an Ad Sense account. You have to have one of those to earn from HP's ad program.

2. mattforte profile image90
          mattforteposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Just "having ads" on your page won't earn you money. People need to see your ads. And if nobody reads your content, people won't see your ads. Much like Bud Light isn't going to pay you just because you put their commercial in the middle of your home videos.

You need views, and to get views, you need good content.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 months ago

Your profile sez you have 46 Hubs, but only one is visible.

From that I can only assume that the other 45 have been un-featured for various reasons (lack of traffic, quality, etc.)

If your Hubs aren't featured, they aren't being picked up by Google or other search engines, and therefore aren't receiving any traffic. If you're not getting any traffic (page views, ad clicks, etc.) you're not earning any money. Simple as that.

3. DrMark1961 profile image90
    DrMark1961posted 3 months ago

If your hubs are not even passing QAP, you should be getting some emails from HP on how to improve them. If you want to improve and possibly make a little money, ask for help from the other writers here at HP.

4. Hypersapien profile image41
    Hypersapienposted 4 weeks ago

Frankly speaking, it's become increasingly difficult to make money with HP (especially with the occasional body-check from Google updates).  That said, I still manage to earn a bit on the site each day - not bad when you consider that I haven't published a new hub in years, but it's a far cry from what I was earning  when I first started. (I have a few hubs comparing my earnings on HP to other similar sites.)  In short, it's harder to make $$$ here than it was just a few years ago, but it is possible to earn regularly on HP.

working