jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Id Like FeedBack On My Article Please

1. Nicole Welton profile image78
    Nicole Weltonposted 7 weeks ago

http://hubpages.com/education/I-can-say-what-I-want-to

Very new to hubpages and have learned a lot from the learning center.  Need to hear whether my style of writing could work with hubpages or if i should be putting my efforts into medium or a similar platform?

2. Rupert Taylor profile image94
    Rupert Taylorposted 7 weeks ago

It takes an awfully long time to get anywhere and I'll have to admit I baled out before I discovered any point you are trying to make. Will others do the same?

The title is very vague and doesn't tell readers what the article is about, unless I've missed something.

It might also be considered promotional by HubPages and that's not allowed.

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 weeks ago

Firstly, to correct a small error in the Hub - HubPages does allow fiction, you simply have to post it in the Creative Writing category. 

Your Hub cannot be published with an email address in it. It also won't be published with blurry photos (your headstand photo is blurred).  The repeated references to "see link below" are also not allowed.

You say you are on a mission.   If you want to share your message, the sensible approach is this:

1.  Go to Wordpress.com, and create a free website for your Guild.  Create one or two pages explaining its goals etc. 

2.  Edit your Hub to remove the blurry photo, the "see link below" and the email address.  Change the title so that it includes the words "The Guild of Lady Nike". 

3. You can then provide a link to the new website.

To succeed in your mission, you really need a website or blog to form the essential core.  On Wordpress.com, you'll notice that you can follow other Wordpress bloggers and they can follow you, so you can build up a network.     

From there, you can write articles on sites like HubPages, Medium, DailyTwoCents, etc if you want - but it's not worth writing more than one or two articles on each.  You can't build a real following on any revenue-sharing site, you're just one of many writers, and readers don't browse. You should consider starting a Facebook page linked to your website, too.

1. Rupert Taylor profile image94
      Rupert Taylorposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Marisa - I am deeply impressed by your knowledge of how the Internet operates in such matters. I am a simple person who just writes articles that I think people might be interested in. The intricacies of the Webbie thing are a mystery to me.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Ah, and that's why HubPages is such a perfect place for you, Rupert.  There is a learning curve to writing on your own blog or website, whereas on HubPages it's possible to write and be read with much less knowledge. 

However, that doesn't mean you can't learn.   I'm over 60 myself!

2. Nicole Welton profile image78
      Nicole Weltonposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Marissa you rock, thank you so much for helpful input and sticking it out to give complete input...so sorry Rupert and appreciate your effort

working