jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

When to Publish

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 2 months ago

I tried tacking this on as an update to my original question, to bump up the thread, but it didn't work. sad

I've finished two of the re-worked articles that I unpublished; there are probably another 2 or 3, maybe even 4 more to do.

Question this time is, would it be better to publish them all at once when I have finished the project, or publish them one at a time as I finish each one?

1. Sherry Hewins profile image94
      Sherry Hewinsposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I take it this is in reference to your other question http://hubpages.com/community/forum/139 … -unpublish
      I think I would publish each one as it is ready, but it probably doesn't make much difference.

2. kbdressman profile image92
      kbdressmanposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I would publish them as you finish and then make sure to update the interlinks carefully after you publish each one. What's the benefit of waiting for all of them to be ready if each one is a stand alone? By publishing them as you finish them there's a chance of picking up follower momentum and interaction that might bring you a few more views than overwhelming your followers with a whole series at once.  In the long run it doesn't matter, but if we're going absolute number of views...I'd have to go with publish as you finish.

2. aussiewebguy profile image75
    aussiewebguyposted 2 months ago

Shouldn't make a difference at all. But the sooner the better.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
    LuisEGonzalezposted 2 months ago

In my case I publish as soon as I am done but only during the early part of the day. Over the years I have noticed that when I publish at night (my time) I don't get many views at first and the opposite is then true when I publish during the day.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
      DzyMsLizzyposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Ah, interesting.  If that is the case for everyone across the board, then I may have just shot myself in the foot, for I am a night owl, and I finished up the first two re-writes, and published them around 10:p.m. last night....Oh, well.  I'll try and hold off until daytime for the others.  lol

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
        LuisEGonzalezposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I take into consideration the following:
        1.Where most of my views come from (region)
        2. The specific country(ies) where they come from
        I then research the time zones and publish at a time (their time) when I think that most people might be using a computer

working