jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Three DMCA takedowns in three days

1. theraggededge profile image94
    theraggededgeposted 4 months ago

I had no luck trying to get these three copied hubs removed over the past year by contacting the site owners. One was a blog owned by a teacher, one was on a Russian site, and the third was some second-rate metal detecting business.  In the end I went directly to the hosting companies. Each one responded immediately. Two of the articles were removed on the same day and the third was removed today. Yay.

Forget trying to appeal to the owner's better nature, use Whois and go directly to the host.

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image86
      SakinaNasir53posted 4 months ago in reply to this

Congratulations Bev! smile

1. TessSchlesinger profile image93
        TessSchlesingerposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Wonderful. I just usually report to Google. That said, I have been lucky with companies and they have taken them down. The one owner who didn't (and it took me months) eventually suffered the consequences of a google take down.

1. theraggededge profile image94
          theraggededgeposted 4 months ago in reply to this

The problem with that is that it has to be a Google property to be removed from the web. Otherwise, it is still there and available through all the other search engines and internal links.

2. CatherineGiordano profile image88
      CatherineGiordanoposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I also had to do a takedown. It turned out that someone had inserted malware on their website and was posting illegally. They thanked me for alerting them to this. I believe them because my essay was inserted right in the middle of something else and was totally irrelevant to the purpose of the website.

3. Annette Roussey profile image80
      Annette Rousseyposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I'm happy you finally got rid of the crazy things. I think blocking the one may have ended the spot. If it's still there, I'll do the other.
      It's almost like someone was jealous. They could've written their own spot. Funny how they seem to think someone just trying to start out is somehow gonna connect them to someone important. I guess if that was the thinking I should be flattered. It's just weird'

4. RoadMonkey profile image82
      RoadMonkeyposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Great, glad to hear it. More power to your elbow!

working