502 and 504 errors

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 months ago

Last night and today, when I was trying to open hubs to edit, I kept getting these messages, with the notification, "website offline" or "server not online."

I tried to call to inquire, since, if your server is having an issue, I obviously would not be able to get through online.   At the moment, it's working, so hopefully you will get this before the next 'crash.'

However, the phone number listed at 'Whois.com" (with the correct address of 95 Minna St., SF), is incorrect; it goes to some realty company!!!

1. Matt Wells profile image
      Matt Wellsposted 5 months ago in reply to this

A technical issue caused a brief outage which our engineers quickly resolved. We closely monitor the site at all times so when this issue occurs it is fixed immediately.

2. UnnamedHarald profile image94
    UnnamedHaraldposted 5 months ago

Although 502 and 504 errors can be caused by the servers you are trying to access, they might also be caused by your own network equipment, which might be experiencing temporary problems. It may not be likely, but you could try and restart your network devices (modem, router, etc).  Note that the order you turn them off doesn't matter, but the order you turn them back on is.Turn devices on from the outside-in (e.g. modem, then router). Oh, and I would wait 20 seconds or so after powering off before powering on. In any case it lets you feel useful and it might even work.

working