jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

adding video

1. Anita Hasch profile image84
    Anita Haschposted 6 months ago

I downloaded a video from pixabay. Want to add it to my hub 'How to Make Feta and Cottage Cheese.'
    Clicked on video in the hub but they require a URL. This video has no URL. It reads Cheese 2361 GOM Media file (mp4) Plse help.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 6 months ago in reply to this

You will first need to upload it to a site like YouTube or Vimeo, which will allow you to add the URL to the HubPages Video Capsule.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 months ago in reply to this

As the video doesn't belong to her, would that be allowed?

Anita Haschposted 6 months ago in reply to this

This is a free video but I presume I can't add it to YouTube in my name? What should I do, I have 2 videos I would like to add. Thanks for any advice.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 6 months ago in reply to this

As far as I know, all Pixabay media is in the public domain, but yes, you'd need to make the licence allowed it before uploading videos found online, typically.

2. Anita Hasch profile image84

Thank you for your assistance Christy.  I'm not sure how pixabay works as this is the first video I have downloaded from them. I uploaded some of my own videos to facebook, but just had to click on the file.

2. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 6 months ago

Have you checked to see if it is already on YouTube? If yes, then you'll be able to add it to the video capsule as usual.

Also, have you tried entering the URL of the video on Pixabay to the video capsule?

3. Anita Hasch profile image84
    Anita Haschposted 6 months ago

Thank you for the advice. The video has no URL. I added it to facebook last night, as you only have to click on the file to load it. It did not work there either, although when I opened 'GOM' I was able to view it. What would I have to type in at YouTube to see if it is there?

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 6 months ago in reply to this

All videos on Pixabay have a URL like so - https://pixabay.com/en/videos/architect … hite-7128/ You don't have to download it, just copy the URL in the address bar and paste it into the capsule. Not sure if it will work though. Do the same with any YouTube video and it will definitely work.

Do a text search for the title of the video on YouTube. I typed in 'how to make cottage cheese' and this is one result: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwGKSfSO6dY

Thank you. Will try that.

Thank you so much theraggededge. I opened a YouTube channel and added
          two videos. It worked. I have added a video to 'How to Make Feta and Cottage Cheese,'  and one to 'Birds Migrating How do Birds Navigate.' on hubpages.
          Have found more super videos on pixabay which I want to add. I'm hooked.

working