jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Me again with another question LOL

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 2 months ago

Is it possible, (or even desirable) to make a link to another capsule farther down the page?  For example, I made brief reference in my first paragraph to something I added as a minor addition at the end.  Where I make the mention, would it be good to make a link (if possible) to the final capsule?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Yes it's possible, Darkside wrote a Hub about how to do it.  However I am pretty sure I read a post by a moderator saying HubPages don't like it.  I've forgotten what the reason was - it seems like a good idea to me.

2. bravewarrior profile image95
      bravewarriorposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Wouldn't that perhaps risk the reader not going back to read the rest of the article if you give them an opportunity to jump to the bottom of the page?

1. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 2 months ago in reply to this

But it would reduce the risk of the reader not staying on the page at all because they can't easily get to the piece of information they are seeking.

2. lobobrandon profile image83
    lobobrandonposted 2 months ago

It's very simple.

All you need to do is this:

View your hub in normal viewing mode (not edit mode). Then press ctrl+u (on a windows system). And then press ctrl+f and being typing the heading you want to jump to. It needs to be a section heading. Find it. You will find something like this before it: <div class="full module moduleImage" id="mod_XXXXXXXX">

Now link to this section from anywhere on your hub using the regular link tool. But use this as your link: www. hubpages.com/HUB-URL#mod_XXXXXXXX (No space in the URL. I left a space so that it doesn't form a link here)

This should do the trick.

working