jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Australia, our forgotten history?

1. Mick Beet profile image78
    Mick Beetposted 7 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Australia, our forgotten history?. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Robert Sacchi profile image87
      Robert Sacchiposted 7 months ago in reply to this

The Frontier war lasted 1795 to as late as the last conflicts occurred in 1934,
      Consider:
      The Frontier War began in 1795 and the last conflicts occurred in 1934.
      I truly believe the the war Memorial
      I believe you wanted to write “that the”
      The past wrongs need to be place in our History correctly ,
      I believe you wanted to write:
      The past wrongs need to be placed in our History correctly,
      …by having a memorial be place for the matter to…
      I believe you wanted to write:
      …by having a memorial be placed for the matter to…
      You may want to change the multiple periods at the end to one period. 

I don't know why but there is a big space between the end of your text and the poll question.  If you can shorten that space I think your Hub should look better. 

Another thing you may want to consider is a callout or something that gives some stats on the conflict.  Good Luck.

Mick Beetposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Thank you. Appreciate  your feedback

1. Robert Sacchi profile image87
          Robert Sacchiposted 7 months ago in reply to this

You're welcome.

2. julieann26 profile image81
      julieann26posted 7 months ago in reply to this

First up, you have written a blog post expressing your personal opinion.  HubPages is a magazine article website and not a blogging platform, so this will be the biggest problem with you getting your post featured.

Secondly, formatting is a problem - I am seeing lots of white space between paragraphs.  Use full-width images instead of images on the right.

The thanks and your name at the end of the post should be removed.  Also there are some punctuation issues that need to fixed.  The post also needs to be a bit more longer and images need to be properly credited.  Your title should also be in title case.

Thank you so much smile

3. SakinaNasir53 profile image86
      SakinaNasir53posted 7 months ago in reply to this

Hi Mick Beet! ☺

I would like to suggest the following points:

1. Your hub is way too short. Try writing at least between 800-1000 words.

2. It is best to write on topics that you are genuinely passionate about and have knowledge in. Something unique and what people will be searching for, i.e, evergreen articles.

3. Add more images and attribute them properly. Add the source name/URL. Make sure they are in the publicdomain  (copyright free). Some great sites are Pixabay, Pexels.com and Morguefile.com. It is best to use original images.

4. Add an appropriate video. Use callout capsules, polls and tables wherever necessary. Callout capsules are useful for highlighting important points or tips.

5. There is a lot of white space between your lines as well as capsules. Go to each capsule and use back space till none of the white parts remain at the end.

6. Punctuate your sentences well.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Thank you so much. smile

working