jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (19 posts)

Why was my forum discussion deleted?

1. Credence2 profile image84
    Credence2posted 4 months ago

Under the political issues forum, my discussion regarding congressman (John Lewis) was inadvertently deleted, is this a harbinger of Trump attempts to censor unfavorable comments? Can anyone check into this and let me know?

1. Dean Traylor profile image85
      Dean Traylorposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I know there's individuals who delete responses or an entire forum they created if the answers counter their beliefs, but I never heard of hubpage doing that. Unless they believed the discussion or forum had been flagged several times as being Spam or inappropriate. I'm curious to know what's happening too.

Credence2posted 4 months ago in reply to this

Thanks, Dean, this beginning to smell of Trump

Who has been given the authority to take such action? I sent a message to Hub Pages Central asking who is allowed the temerity to do such a thing and on what basis. I await a reply.

2. TessSchlesinger profile image92
        TessSchlesingerposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I wish I knew how the  process worked.

2. TessSchlesinger profile image92

Best to write to hubpages and ask them.

You betcha, I just did... If there is one thing that I cannot abide it is a politically based censorship within a so-called free forum.

1. TessSchlesinger profile image92

As far as I have seen, there is definitely a political bias towards the GOP and a religious one towards Christianity. And it's the one thing that doesn't give hp any credit. But it's more than that. It's the unacceptable aggression that there is toowards atheism and liberals.

A lot of the progressive thinkers in this forum have been disheartened by the Trump victory and departed, so we are down in the ranks. But, I will continue my assault against the forces of reaction in America, regardless. I need more of our stripe to volunteer.

Authoritarianism lies just beneath the veneer of all the talk of exceptionism that come from the Right ad nauseum

1. Dean Traylor profile image85
              Dean Traylorposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I feel you on this. To add , I've notice that the ranks of the Chump lovers are starting to grow on this site. They're easy to spot: they write very few hubs but dominate and badger the forums  Their hubs, by the way, are some of the most poorly written ones around...and, they can't handle any criticism (including constructive criticism) and are the first to censor or flag you. That's why I felt when you started this that that was what happened. What an irony: the very people that proclaim they're anti-PC and are all about first amendment rights are the most thin-skinned.

3. ahorseback profile image43
      ahorsebackposted 4 months ago in reply to this

OMG   , It just simply HAS to be a government -Trump conspiracy !    Run everyone - Run !

2. FitnezzJim profile image87
    FitnezzJimposted 4 months ago

Credence, is it possible that it is a bug in the system?

I hope that is all that it is FJ, because considering any other alternative is ominous. It won't let me repost as it says it is a duplicates. But my thoughts on the issue are flawless and difficult to change substantially

1. profile image0
        calculus-geometryposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Could simply be a bug because I can see the title of your post on your profile page under the forum tab.  Unfortunately since today is Sunday and tomorrow is MLK day you might not get an answer till Tuesday.

Thanks, CG...

3. FitnezzJim profile image87
    FitnezzJimposted 4 months ago

So, why not write a Hub?

You can use that as a test case for whether it is a result of system behavior, or people behavior.

I mean, we don't always agree, but your thoughts are almost always rationally expressed and worth the time to read.

4. Credence2 profile image84
    Credence2posted 4 months ago

It's back, my thanks to you all. Maybe it was,in fact, a glitch. Don't want anyone to miss out on the goodies I have in store....

Two of mine just disappeared And  now they are back again. Strange.

5. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 4 months ago

In all the years I have been here Hubpages has never suppressed any point of view unless it was insulting, obscene, or illegal--and so against the terms of service.

But people never seem to go by a long history conduct; they just assume the worst.

Nice to know that an insulting post is against hte tos. Didn't know that. smile

working