jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

What is Niume Hype?

1. Rafini profile image87
    Rafiniposted 4 months ago

Can anyone explain what Niume Hype is?  I haven't been able to find anything about it.  I'm assuming it's a good thing, and higher numbers are better than lower ones, but how does a post get Hyped?  How does one participate in Hyping?  Thanks!

Rafiniposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Really, really curious to know if anyone knows the answer to this question because one of my posts has only 4 views but has 14 hype while another has 224 views with only 3 hype.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 months ago

I suspect the lack of response is because Hubbers aren't using Niume, apart from one or two, and they're only using it as part of their Flipboard strategy (I forget how that works) - so they really don't care about the internal workings of Niume.

From a quick Google, it looks as though Hype reflects other Niume members giving your post a thumbs up. So how something with only 4 views can get 14 hype is a mystery, unless the views don't include other members, in which case it's fair enough.

Okay, thanks.  Huh.  Wonder why my google search didn't turn up the same info.  roll

3. DrMark1961 profile image92
    DrMark1961posted 4 months ago

I have tried asking the same question elsewhere. No good answer. As far as I can tell hype is just a random number assigned to you by the powers that be at Niume. (It is definitely based on a few thumbs up that you may get from a few readers.) If the staff think an article is good, it has a higher hype number. I think it helps when others "favorite" your article after reading, since the hype number can change. Just having a lot of views does not really help.
    Marisa, using Niume to get more Flipboard views to your hubs may or may not help, My page views have gone up a few thousand per day in the last few months, but there is always other things going on so it is impossible to tell what is causing that effect. What Niume is good for is another medium to write. It does not pay as well as Hubpages, but if a person is looking for a spot to write short articles that do not need to go through a QAP, Niume is a good option.
    Rafini, your page view numbers on Niume are really low. Are you sharing your blog posts to social media? Are you adding photos so that you can pin them on Pinterest and maybe get a few visitors to your blog posts days or weeks down the road?

I just posted my first post to Niume four days ago and have less than 75 friends/followers on Twitter and Facebook.  My other sites aren't as built up as these four are because I've been a little busy learning, experimenting and finding my own path of online success.

I disagree with you about HP paying better.  I've actually earned more at Niume in the past four days than I usually earn here in the same amount of time.  Most of my material doesn't belong here so I had to find a different platform for it. .

1. DrMark1961 profile image92
        DrMark1961posted 4 months ago in reply to this

Glad to hear you are earning okay on Niume. They only pay $10 per 1000 page views, though, and do not really adjust it up based on the advertiser revenue.
        I never use Facebook since almost none of my friends speak English. I have more English readers on Twitter but I do not think there is much response there since the postings come and go so quickly.
        You should try sharing on Flipboard, although I am not sure what topic they might put your writings in. It may help a lot.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I think you mean $1 per 1,000 views!

lol

2. Rafini profile image87

I'm on Flipboard.  Learning how to use it.

working