jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Suggestion - can we automate the copyright feature?

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 months ago

Hi, HP Team!

I don't know if this has been suggested before or not, but can our fantastic IT team develop a way to automate the HP copyright language you've created for us? I have more than 100 pieces published here, and am having to go through all of them one by one to install the copyright notice, and I also have no way to easily find which ones have been updated with it.  Some writers here have more than 1,000 published pieces - I cannot imagine going through all of those to make the copyright edit!

The bio (About the Author) tool is fantastic - thank you, thank you! I don't know why I waited so long to try it out, but once I did, it was a breeze to create a set of bios that worked for various themes and to install them. If we could get a copyright tool that works as easily, it would be heaven!

Thanks for all you do - I love the niche sites and am seeing good things from them!  Here's to a great 2017 for all of us!

Marcy

2. UnnamedHarald profile image93
    UnnamedHaraldposted 2 months ago

Along those lines, is there a reason the default is "no copyright"? Could the default be that a copyright is included (with the optional choice of turning it off)?

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 2 months ago in reply to this

You cannot put a copyright notice on stuff you do not own or create. I guess that's the reason HP chose to set the default as no notice.

Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I'm hoping there's a way for us to approve it (which means take responsibility for it) before the copyright would appear. That would relieve HP of any liability, I'd think. After considering how huge the task would be with just over 100 hubs, I cannot imagine how some of our great colleagues with 1,000 or more pieces would tackle going through their inventory and making the changes.

The new features are great - I wish some of them had been around four or five years ago. I know I am not alone in wishing that!

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 months ago in reply to this

Yes, but the team might be able to have writers sign an agreement saying that they want copyright notices put on all of their hubs.  That probably would suffice.

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 months ago

Bump - I am hoping someone from the staff will chime in.

1. simplehappylife profile image85
      simplehappylifeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I'm not from the staff wink  but  I definitely wish there was a way to select the copyright display option and then be able to check a little "set this as default". Sometimes, I forget to display the copyright and have to go back and check. 

Lately, I just make it a habit that that is the first thing I do when I start a hub.

Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Same here - I've gone in and edited content, etc. and either forgotten to add the copyright, or forgot to save it if I was in a hurry.

working