Are HP Ads as good for your wallet as Amazon?

1. Don Bobbitt profile image93
    Don Bobbittposted 2 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5760721.jpg
    I have been using HP for over 7 years now, and I do make a few bucks from my writings. I can say that you will never get rich or even make a living off of HP, but you can make enough to, as I tell friends, "go out to dinner a couple of times a month".
    But my point here is that as I watch HP and their attempts to keep themselves in business (and of course, compensate me), I definitely see better returns from my Amazon ads than from the ones HP (in conjunction with Google) put on my articles.
    Now, if you add their constant attempts to eliminate Amazon ads, I wonder at just what kind of deal HP has worked out with Google?
    I would love to have more specifics, if any of you can share the "REAL" money sharing between not just us writers, but between HP and Google?
    DON

2. simplehappylife profile image86
    simplehappylifeposted 2 months ago

Hey Don smile 

I haven't been on here long, but I hear what you're saying.  They've cut adds out of some of my hubs, even though they were ads that were directly related.  I'm seeing some revenue from hp, a tiny bit from adsense, and zero from amazon.  My articles are receiving a respectable amount of traffic.  I don't know, guess I may have to wait it out and see how it does as I write more articles (I have 20 running right now).

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago

An awful lot depends on what subjects you write about.   

The big difference between HP Ads and Amazon ads is that you don't make ANY money from Amazon ads unless someone buys something.  With HP Ads, you're making money with every view, even though it's only cents. 

So, if you write about subjects that lend themselves to selling stuff, you'll do well with Amazon. If not, then HP Ads.

working