jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Raising a baby parrot

1. profile image60
    bird whispererposted 5 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Raising a baby parrot (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image85
      SakinaNasir53posted 5 months ago in reply to this

Hi bird whisperer! ☺ Welcome to HubPages.

I would like to suggest the following points:

1. Your hub is too short. Make it at least a 1000 words.

2. Your title doesn't match the content of your hub.

3. Your hub doesn't explain much. You have to include enough details and information. Use sub headings, bullets and numbering format to give your hub a neater look and make it easily scannable.

4. Use appropriate videos if you can. Include more images.

I write about birds too. I hope this helps. Good luck!

2. lobobrandon profile image83
    lobobrandonposted 5 months ago

I can't say there's no flow. But could you present what you want to say better? Add more headings and make the text read like an article. Not sentences on lines.

Also, it could do with some editing. In my opinion your message was understandable, but it could still use some tweaking.

And the title doesn't directly match the content. Around half the page is about deciding if you're the right person for a bird and how to go about getting one. Only the second half talks about raising a baby bird (not a parrot). Could you be more specific on how parrots are different from other birds (if they are). I'm not an expert here.

Like I said earlier, your title says "raising a parrot" but I only see you mention a parrot in the last images where you say that's the bird you raised.

3. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 5 months ago

There are a lot of punctuation and formatting issues.

Your opening is an example:

Yes, It (capital letters do not follow a comma) is an easy job yet difficult (It can't be both easy and difficult). Shocked? don't (Capital letters do follow a question mark) be.

It is easy if you make up your mind that it is a living thing. It has a heart it feels emotions and it needs care.

Before buying a baby parrot, (Not a complete sentence unless tacked onto) Prepare your Mind. (This should not have caps or bold face.)

There are also grammar problems:

"Similarly a Sun Conure is not as much talkative as an African Grey. But sun conure is beautiful playful and loud."  This should be - Similarly, a Sun Conure is not as talkative as an African Grey, but a Sun Conure is beautiful, playful, and loud.

You should run your text through a program such as Grammarly to point out the many English language errors.

Your title should be in Title Face.

4. profile image60
    bird whispererposted 5 months ago

Thank you all for the suggestions. smile

I'm not very good at writing English, I hope it gets better with time.

I'll definitely look for the mistakes and improve them.

working