jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is my mistake?

1. Subham Roy profile image60
    Subham Royposted 5 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. My hubs are rejected as they have grammar issues, mechanic issues and a rating capsule that I have recently removed. I know that my writing is a little academic but still not a single hub? Please help.

Thank you,

Fellow hubber

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image91
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 months ago in reply to this

I took a quick look at one of your articles and immediately realized that your problem is that English is a second language for you and, as such, your structure and grammar are not correct.

You would do well to take some immersion classes in both speaking and writing so that you can improve your skills.

This is a site for English speakers, and it is a rare second language speaker who writes well enough to do well here, although some have managed to do so.

2. Subham Roy profile image60
    Subham Royposted 5 months ago

I have checked every grammar editor but I hardly find any mistakes. Is it really the way I write?

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Yes. The phrasing is awkward, and many of the words do not make sense in English when used in the context you've used them. Furthermore, it appears to be spun content - that means it is possibly something that was filtered through a translation tool.

Writers on this site are expected to submit high-quality, original and professional-sounding content. I agree with TIMETRAVELER that you can benefit from more courses in English.

3. Rupert Taylor profile image94
    Rupert Taylorposted 5 months ago

Examples?

"And even after that slap, when life slaps you again on the other chick ..." Chick is a young chicken or a slightly derogatory term for a woman. They word you are looking for is "cheek."

"Ask her, she was proud to describe that guy." This sentence makes absolutely no sense.

"You finally see her getting herself succumbed to his friend (sometimes the other way around) and in the end, you guys split up ..." This sentence is repeated almost word-for-word from the paragraph above.

There are plenty of other examples of tortured syntax, misused words and poor punctuation. The Hub also contains almost no useful information.

working