What will be the impact of President Trump lying in the face of facts

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (248 posts)
  1. dianetrotter profile image61
    dianetrotterposted 7 years ago

Donald Trump is the president of the United States.  The odds are in his favor to accomplish many of his objectives because of the trifecta.

When his lies can easily be proven, does that impact
    1) public trust
    2) International relations
    3) National relations
    4) His staff who has to read the lies (i. e. Sean Spicer)

Won't the truth get us to work on the real issue?

Truth is not about party.  Truth can be proven by irrefutable evidence.

1. celafoe profile image55
      celafoeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

According to the CONSTITUTION of the USA and the majority of votes of US citizens  that voted Donald Trump IS PRESIDENT .  I am amazed to see you have written this lie.

1. colorfulone profile image79
        colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Its very disappointing.  People need to turn CNN off, and those other lying medias.  "Garbage in garbage out."   What a bunch of self-righteous garbage!

Satan is the author of lies, the liberal politicized media, Demoncrats and RINOS get paid to spin it out. I don't know why I should care, its not going to matter in the end.

“Thou shalt not bear false witness”

dianetrotterposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I apologize.  I didn't mean "NOT" the president.  Last post I'll make on it.  I've written about 5 apologies.

I wish I could edit it.

Can you imagine me thinking you had gone off your rocker?  I should have known better, I was wrong, I apologies.
            God bless!

No problem Color!

If you know how I can correct or delete, please let me know.  I have been searching for 20 minutes.

I forgive you sister in Christ!

Diane

We get four hours to edit thread posts.  I'm glad we do because I have had to edit many of mine.  I often make the mistake of not adding an "n't" or a "not" and that just makes what I said the total opposite of what I meant.

We can edit Hubs. I don't understand why we can't edit forums.

I completed a recommentation request for a USC graduate, my sorority little sister, and screwed up.  Question:  Does this person use drugs?  YES   NO
                  Wouldn't you know I selected YES!  I found the error on my copy about a month after I turned it in.  I called Neadie and she had already been accepted to the force.  Sooooo, some folks that should pay attention don't!

2. WandaSears profile image60
                  WandaSearsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Diane and Color....thank you for letting us see your discussion.  it's a lesson the President could learn about "listening" and "compromising" before he isolates countries!  Who knows what the Australian leader would have said if DT had not hung up on him?

Thank God for whistle blowers.  People are flooding the mall waiting to hear from Rex Tillerson.  I'm glad he is in place.

2. dianetrotter profile image61

I'm sorry.  I didn't realize I wrote "NOT" the president.  If I can edit I will.  I certainly don't want that to be the issue.

Donald Trump IS the duly elected President of the United States.  he is my president.

ERROR - Donald TRUMP IS the president.  I should have proofread.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

LOL  I caught that.  It wasn't too difficult to figure out what you meant.  All is well.

Bless you Wilderness!

I'm trying to figure out how to just delete the forum.  I hate getting off topic and that naughty word takes us waaaay off topic into territory I would prefer to not go.

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
        Kathleen Cochranposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If only that typo were reality.

3. dianetrotter profile image61

So many of us believe the POTUS does not lie.  Neither do his surrogates/staff lie on his behalf.  As Kellyanne stated, "There are 'alternate facts'!"

"Donald Trump is the president of the United States." 

I see you got that changed.  Where there is a will there is a way.  I said we only had four hours to change a post. I guess there really are "alternative facts" and post-facts in a post-facts era.   

BLUSH!

4. bluesradio profile image57
      bluesradioposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think we have elected the ultimate huckster and it will be very difficult for his staff to keep the various illusions going.  Could all implode eventually....

Huckster:  "a person who sells small items, either door-to-door or from a stall or small store"

Maybe, "promote or sell (something, typically a product of questionable value)" ... yeah, that must be it. 

wink wink

1. bluesradio profile image57

Could have called him a Charlatan or a Con Artist..I was trying to be diplomatic or at least somewhat...SMILE

5. Ken Burgess profile image76
      Ken Burgessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't know... what is interesting is the assault on Trump never waivered, it started once he was the de-facto Republican candidate... actually it started before, the Republican establishment itself spent 100s of millions of dollars trying to derail Trump.  But the media really started after him once he had the nomination.

It's hard to tell how much he is lying because there is so much lying and falsehoods being spread by the media.  That's fact, you can't trust ANY source to tell you the truth or verify the facts... from the NY Times to Fox news and everything in between... most of them happily peddle lies to support whatever 'reality' or 'position' they a pushing.

Remember Trump is ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT he is not for the Democrats obviously, but he doesn't really care about Republicans either, he is not concerned about re-election, he isn't concerned about what the Lobbyists want, he is twisting the arm of corporations to keep factories and jobs here (and they don't like it, trust me)... he is telling Mexico to pound sand, China to pound sand... and you can bet those foreign countries are pumping money into Politicians pockets, and protesting Organizations pockets to fight him, on everything.

So knowing that the media is lying about some things, and embellishing the negatives about everything else he does, and most Politicians being paid puppets on the take from foreign nations and/or international corporations will be spouting off against him... how are we supposed to know how bad he is really being, when they declared him Hitler six months ago?

Thanks for responding Ken.  What are some of the lies that are told about him?

1. Ken Burgess profile image76

Sometimes it is general BS... like this headline from the NY Times "How Trump’s Rush to Enact an Immigration Ban Unleashed Global Chaos"
          I'm sorry, but it didn't unleash global chaos, it didn't even unleash local chaos, it inconvenienced a couple hundred travelers out of more than 325,000... and the people who have been marching in the streets against him for weeks are now heading to the airports, and when that is old news they will head to the next media inflamed fiasco. 
          Here is another NY Times hyperbolic BS headline "In a Week, Trump Reshapes Decades of Perceptions About America"
          Here is one from the Washington Post "Shock. Outrage. Resistance. Repeat. Is this the new normal in Trump’s America? "
          24/7 Bashing from almost all media sources, no matter what he does, they will magnify the bad, they will lie (IE - CIA Declares Washington Post Russian Hacker Story "A Outright Lie") consistently... same for CNN, not that I watch it, but I have seen a few clips that were unbelievable.
          Then again these are the same people who tried to sell us on riots in the Middle East and the Ambassador being slain being caused by a YouTube video, and never challenged Obama when they passed the ACA and promised it would save every family $2,500 on average and they could keep their Doctors and Plans... the bias is so obvious, it is why the majority of Americans don't believe a thing the media says, they just don't care anymore what the NY Times or W Post or CNN says, they are totally discredited as worthy and reliable news sources by most.

1.  The Youtube thing - Benghazi - MSM reported what they were told by HRC and government sources. 

2.  Global thingy - Today Iraq's governing body wrote a statement (forget what they called it) to ask why they are banned after fighting ISIS and along side the US for more than 10 years, risking their lives and those of their families.  Some have been killed for helping US.

3.  Global - People in Great Britain are in the streets with signs protesting that their Prime Minister came to meet with Trump

4.  Iraq - has banned the US

5.  Tonight, attorney general fired for not going along with Trump.

I tried to read through to see the points.  MSM puffs headings because they want to draw attention to their articles.

I continue to hear about the lies but I don't see it that way from what I read.  I do believe that Donald Trump is not a well man.  The good thing is that Mike Pence will be able to take over if DJT is unable to finish.

I'm not a liberal/conservative kind of person.  I don't think people should accept lies from anyone or any organization because they like them.  To do that to your children is setting them up for failure and possibly a life of criminal activity.

The acting AG was fired, rightly so, for choosing to tell those in her Department to disobey a lawfully given order of their President.
              Like you, I have always been a middle-of-the-road, live and let live, no party affiliation person... I voted for Obama the first go around, thought McCain was a greater risk and a stooge of the 'establishment', as he proves time and again to be.  I voted for Romney and still think he was the better option of the two then, and now... but that's me.
              All these well wishing, love the world, no borders individuals are going to make it so the rest of us are living in anarchy and violence.  Considering what is going on in Belgium, Sweden, etc. there is a good chance that if we don't change our immigration policies now, we will be having the same problems in America on a regular basis.
              But hey, I live in a state that allows weapons to be carried and where police encourage you to shoot criminals who break into your home, to protect yourself and family at all times, so I'm not overly worried, its just a shame we don't want to acknowledge there are people out there intent on killing others and that there are entire nations out there fostering hate and anti-American sentiment.

The Acting AG may have been making a strategic move.  Have you seen the clip of Sessions questioning her.  "If the president asks you to do something that is legally wrong (not exact wording) would you do it?"  We can't assume DJT is 100% right all the time.  We could end up being another Russia or worse.

My point was, the MSM is not lying.  They are interviewing people, showing video and quoting other sources.  Fox does the same.  I've noticed that both are selective in what they cover.

When coverage does not agree with what we are allready processing, we shouldn't just call it a lie.  I'm from Arkansas, close to Missouri.  I have to be shown.  When I have proof, I have no problems accepting it.  That's why I ask:  what lies?

I'm sure there are some and would love to see them.

I don't assume DJT is right... but in this case I know he is right. 
                  It is spelled out in  8 U.S. Code § 1185 - Travel control of citizens and aliens ... and ... 8 U.S. Code § 1182 - Inadmissible aliens ... what Trump has done is 100% within his authority, took a while for me to find the particulars, but the internet is a wonderful thing.
                  Lying and misrepresentation ... when they print or give air time to someone who expresses that Trump is Hitler, that does two things, it helps to set in people's minds the most horrible person ingrained in our collective conscious, and it distorts the true crimes and horrors committed by Hitler and his followers.
                  That's not specifically lying... just like forwarding the 'official' story that riots occurred and people died because of a youtube video isn't exactly lying... but when you know it ISN'T the truth, you are helping to foster a lie, or misrepresentation, rather than bring the truth to light.
                  So... to the point I believe I was making... how can we KNOW when Trump is actually doing anything wrong, when the media slams him for EVERYTHING and decided 6 months ago that he was Hitler?  How am I supposed to believe anything they print or say?

2. WandaSears profile image60

I've only learned of a few who question the "legality" or "authority" that DT has to do the things he has done.  Skip the AG firing and the travel ban (that was his word first, so I'll keep using it).  Move back to evidence that he rarely, if ever, pays income tax. He has the right to contribute nothing to the country he would now like to rule because the tax code legally allows him to take all these loopholes to avoid tax.  He can also not pay hard-working Americans and then claim his billions.  That's legal too if you go through the bankruptcy process or force these folks to give up because they can't afford to fight.  Often what is LEGAL is far, far away from MORAL, DECENT or ETHICAL.  So far, DT has been unwilling or unable to show us any personal attributes other than he must have pretty good stamina to keep up is schedule at 70 years old.

"Move back to evidence that he rarely, if ever, pays income tax."

Is this  Alternative facts" or can you actually supply something to support that statement?  Maybe his tax returns?

But I do agree that sometimes what is legal is far far away from moral or ethical.  One can make insinuations or even lies (Trump doesn't pay taxes) and it may be legal but it is not moral or ethical.

1. WandaSears profile image60

The evidence I'm referring to is his one tax return that we did see; the financial statements he did submit; and the current tax code that allows him (and  other real estate developers to write off massive amounts of  depreciation.)  It is the single biggest reason why income producing properties often generate a reduction in taxable income.  (You can download Trump Financial disclosures)

Now that Trump holds a high office in government he will be disclosing his finances, it is required.  So, we will get to look at that next year...something to look forward to talking about later.  Not that there won't be other things much more important to discus, but we'll do it anyway.  wink

2. Castlepaloma profile image75
                Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

When you look at Trump's weight, age, 3500 lawsuits and his mafia background. The mafia part is the best part of him. A man with a red button and a death wish is a serious concern.

1. profile image0
                  ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The difference is The  Big Red Button would  be used against an enemy and not his own county like the Obama  administration .

I like the "mafia background" and "death wish".  Highly doubt that even the weight is known, let alone the other "claims to knowledge".

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

The Bushes are the ones who used nukes and America have been the only ones who have used them. Obama did it more expensive with ground troops. Bush admits 9/11 could have been an inside job, that is more honest than Trump saying 1000s of muslims were having a celebrations in the streets, that he watch from his tower. Either way it is genocide based on BS.

When reasonable people see nothing unreasonable about Trump, we are in serious trouble.  But then, that is how we got into this mess in the first place.  As I've said many times, what disturbs me most about Trump is the number of people who support someone like this.

6. profile image0
      ValKarasposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Would anyone be kind enough to educate me --- why there was no similar public outcry over Bush's huge lying to his nation about those "weapons of the mass destruction"  -  that idiocy of a war still going on and costing   trillions of dollars and some million of lives???
      So you all watched Bush sitting comfortably at Trump's inauguration ---  but with eyes of hate fixated on a man who hasn't even had a chance to really disappoint you.
      Indeed, why is it that most of those who hate Trump with such a passion to burn cars and break store windows, and burn garbage on the roads --- talk about HIS hate, while calling their hate "a message"? And, while most of the folks will agree that there is hardly any president in the history who hasn't lied --- what suddenly makes Trump's "lies" so significant?

O.K., while I am waiting for someone to educate me about it, I won't pretend to educate you by my humbly sharing my opinion.

The only difference I can see is in the kind of opposition that Trump has, namely those whose lobbying money could not bribe him; those who have the most to lose by his bringing jobs back to America; those who don't like the fact that Trump would make Russia a political "friend".

It's truly amazing how parrot-like goes all that ranting about Putin, while missing the basic fact about present times Russia. All that paranoia about a "communist Putin" is as silly as so much of other stuff being pinned on him. Nobody seems to remind everyone else ---  as if it's a nation-size delusion blind to the fact that present Russia is not a "communist" but democratic political system, meaning that Putin was elected, not self-appointed like Castro.
      As for the MSM and their strong motivation to lie against a dude who plainly said that he just wanted to make America great again --- all we had to do is "follow the money". Should we really be reminded that they are in the first place a BUSINESS? Does anyone really need to be reminded why some tabloids are notorious for spreading lies, and they will even pay the penalty for defamation, after all that good income from people thirsty for a juicy story --- false or not?
      O.K., I understand that my answer qualifies to be deleted, because it's not something that the most of you wanted to hear. But before you see it as a "bunch of nonsense", bear with me for a little prediction.

Just watch, once when Trump has DONE much of what he promised, all those folks in a NEED to hate someone-anyone because of their own emotional issues, will turn against his opponents --- with an excuse of having been duped and misled and lied to. O.K., now you can delete it.

1. Misfit Chick profile image74
        Misfit Chickposted 7 years agoin reply to this

There was some protesting over Bush's BS, but not much. We already knew he had screwed up, and why - because he was part of the GOP warmongering party. It was nothing knew.

Then, we brought in Obama cuz we didn't like the way the GOP & Bush had handled things; and we were all tired of same-old politicians. He was new & different - just like Trump, whether anyone wants to admit it, or not. How many were terrified that he was the anti-christ JUST because of his name? WHEW! Glad that part wasn't true! LoL!

There are simple reasons why protestors are not letting up on Trump - 1) litter gets your attention, doesn't it? Just ranting about our [majority] opinions certainly doesn't; AND 2) it is far more peaceful than guns. The only non-peaceful thing about it is Trump supporters creating a hooplah over it. Which again, is the point.

Trump intentionally divides us and uses no tact, whatsoever. I know, I am well-aware that the notion of 'tact' or 'sensitivity' offends many of his supporters. They like that he outright says what is on his mind no matter how childish & egotistical it is. He's made throwing a hissy fit along with insulting & offending people no matter who they are the norm again. That is no way for a president of the US to act towards anyone.

As to how the lies will affect us, he's already effected us. He's completely oblivious of facts while making up his own. He's walking & talking fake news, himself. Seth Meyers said it best: They make facts a matter of partisan debate rather than accepted shared reality.

The results are all around us and the volcano continues to grumble. Let's hope it doesn't blow.

Trump proved what kind of president he would be before he took office, and he's only validated our impressions. So many of his supporters who also didn't like his mouth kept insisting that he would 'become more presidential' if he was elected. He's done nothing but continue to divide us as often and as much as he possibly can. I have absolutely no respect for that and neither do the majority of protestors. This is why the protests are getting more violent. Either start listening to people and acknowleging them - or let the chips fall where they may. Maybe we can go four whole years like this. Cross your fingers.

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13389766.jpg

For those who had already decided he was Hitler, a racist, an anti-Semite,  anti-whatever before he was even elected... nothing he does, and nothing anyone says, will change the fact that you view him as the ultimate evil.

Those of you who have that perspective are a minority.  Doesn't matter if 80% of the media supports your views, the people, the overwhelming majority, have become disillusioned with the media, and BOTH parties.

And while people are fed up in general, they are more fed up with the Democrats, especially now, as they obstruct and whine and go off the deep end.  That disfavor would have persisted anyway, partly because they were in control the past 8 years, partly because they 'gave' us Obamacare, and partly because they are no longer in touch with common, 'average', 'working' Americans.

Right now everything the Democrats in Congress, and the violent rioters, and the hollyweirds and their threats to blow up the WH and kill Trump are doing is garnering Trump support, and moving more and more people who were leery of him, into supporting him.

But you don't have to believe me, you will see that proven out in 2018 and 2020 if things keep going as they have been.  It will be a bigger sweep out of office for Democrats and even Rhinos than what occurred in 2010.

I have a hub on this subject that might answer your questions titled, "He Lies".

7. TessSchlesinger profile image60
      TessSchlesingerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Truth does not matter in a nation which needs lies to make itself feel good. It doesn't matter if there is evidential based facts to counter what he says and does. The fact/truth is that so many are bitter and full of hatred that they don't care. All they want is for the situation to change, and they don't care how it is changed. If Trump says he can change it, they are willing to give him all the support he needs to change it.

Thank you for responding to question asked Tess.  It is a rarity!!

Well said, Tess.  My husband voted for Trump because he promised to make changes.  This is the problem with that thinking:  anyone can say that.  In most cases, if something could be changed, someone would have done so already.  It is not that easy to accomplish.  But it is easy to say.

dianetrotterposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think was his followers really like about him is that he gives them voice for their anger and concerns.  I don't know that they expect him to resolve the issues.  Voicing the issues seem to be enough for some.  Some of the issues are difficult because to fulfill those anxieties could negatively impact others. 

I would like for him to explain the time when America was greatest ... the time that he wants to return to.  If everything was great, why and how did it change.

8. dianetrotter profile image61

Is this considered a lie or a matter of opinion

The US is not as innocent as it may seem, according to President Donald Trump. When Fox News host Bill O’Reilly called Vladimir Putin “a killer,” Trump responded: “We’ve got a lot of killers.”
      UPDATE: Kremlin expects apology from Fox News for calling Putin ‘killer’

In an interview to be aired ahead of the Super Bowl later on Sunday, Bill O’Reilly asked if Trump respects Russian President Vladimir Putin, to which the he replied, “I do respect him. Well, I respect a lot of people, but that doesn’t mean I’ll get along with them.”

Read more
      Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov © Vitaliy BelousovLavrov: Undoing Obama-inflicted damage to Russia-US ties will take great effort
      Seemingly surprised, O’Reilly goes on to ask him why.

"He is the leader of his country. I say it’s better to get along with Russia than not, and if Russia helps us in the fight against ISIS – which is a major fight – and the Islamic terrorism all over the world, that’s a good thing,” Trump answered.

“Will I get along with him? I have no idea.”

O’Reilly then challenged Trump, calling the Russian president “a killer.”

Trump shrugged the comment off, saying: “There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country is so innocent?”

It is not the first time that Trump has made such comments when journalists question his stance regarding the Russian leader.

At the end of 2015, the host of MSNBC’s Morning Joe told Trump that Putin “kills journalists,” to which the unfazed then-presidential candidate replied, “I think that our country does plenty of killing, too, Joe.”

“I’ve always felt fine about Putin. He’s a strong leader. He’s a powerful leader,” Trump added.

https://www.rt.com/usa/376357-trump-put … ew-killer/

9. dianetrotter profile image61

Is Flynn being scapegoated?  Is Mike Pence being used as a shill to clean up the Trump image?  Is what's going on now the 2017 version of Watergate?

Are the leaks being done in the interest of National security?

1. Credence2 profile image79
        Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Flynn is is trouble with McConnell and the GOP party regulars. It is understood that even they can give Trump only so much rope. There is going to be an investigation.

Trump is the biggest disaster in office since the office, itself has been created, over 225 years. That is bad.

I am afraid this President will be coming out of one 'Watergate' scandal while going into another on a routine basis. I just wait for him to make the one error that will prove fatal to him politically and bring the entire GOP into the mud.

Trying to 'clean up' Trump's image is like trying to clean excrement, an exercise in futility.

True!

I believe intelligence organization have everything they need to put him away.  It is being leaked little by little.  Possibly Comey was one-sided while trying to keep HRC out of office.  However, they realize that Dump is a REAL security risk.

This morning, Lindsey Grahm said, "The Senate is NOT fake news!"
          John McCain wants an independent investigation.

Top military leaders are concerned about this idiot with the codes in his pocket.  I sure hope they gave him fake codes.

10. TessSchlesinger profile image60

I don't have an answer to this.

I think fiction, movies, TV, etc. has so inured us to various forms of behaiour that there is no shock value. The general response is "All politicians lie."

Internationally, America is on its way to being rejected. Far from America being made 'great again,' iit is in danger of losing its international status. Trudeau (of Canada) has just suggested that Canada and the EU need to become the world's leading economic powers. As the GDP of the EU is twice that of the USA, that's not such a difficult thing.

Donald Trump is vastly ignorant of a great many things. In addition, he is a pathological liar, suffering from a mental illness (narcissism), and he is probably a sociopath. The man doesn't read (probably because he can't) and he takes advice from nuts.   None of this bodes good for the future.

The great difficulty in this situation is that nobody wants to say the thing that will make Trump put his hands on the nuclear trigger. The only way out of the situation is for him to be removed from power. It's not going to be easy.

Another difficulty is the number of Americans who support this man, and they have absolutely no conception of how insane he is. That puts them in pretty much the same category.

1. PhoenixV profile image63
        PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Im sure millions of Americans would disagree with your diagnosis.

But there are still millions that support it. We are going to bring your man down from that lofty hill and the reality is that Trump will do it for me.

2. TessSchlesinger profile image60

I am absolutely sure they would. Dunning-Kruger effect.

1. GA Anderson profile image89
            GA Andersonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hot damn! I learned a new way to sneakily call somebody stupid. I looked it up Tess, "Dunning-Kruger effect." Thanks. Now I am off to check out Hanlon's Razor.

GA

1. TessSchlesinger profile image60

You just made me laugh! Smart come back. smile

I couldn't have said it better myself.

3. wilderness profile image96

"As the GDP of the EU is twice that of the USA, that's not such a difficult thing."

GDP, US, 2015: 17.95 T
        GDP, EU, 2015: 16.23 T

GDP/capita, US, 2015: 51638
        GDP/capita, US, 2015: 35079

You might want to re-think your assumptions just a bit.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united- … per-capita
        http://www.tradingeconomics.com/europea … per-capita
        http://www.bing.com/search?q=gdp+of+the … 1C92B5964D
        http://www.bing.com/search?q=gdp+of+the … 7DB5117D6E

You must be reading propaganda sheets or making things up as you go along, Wilderness.

QUOTE; In 2015, China became the world's largest economy for the first time in modern history. It produced $19.5 trillion in economic output. The European Union (EU) was in second place, producing $19.1 trillion. Together, China and the EU generate 33.9% of the world's economic output of $113.7 trillion.
          The United States fell to third place, producing $17.9 trillion. The world's three largest economies combined produced $56.5 trillion.

https://www.thebalance.com/world-s-larg … my-3306044

QUOTE: The adjusted GDP of the 28 EU member nations is bigger than both China and the US, the traditional list of world's economic super powers. "In nominal U.S. dollar terms, the European Union (plus Norway, Switzerland, Iceland) accounted for 25.4% of world output in 2014 according to data from the International Monetary Fund.  That was greater than America’s share (22.5%) and well in excess of China’s—13.4%," said Quinlan.

http://www.businessinsider.com/charts-e … -us-2015-6

QUOTE: The EU is in prime position when it comes to global trade. The openness of our trade regime has meant that the EU is the biggest player on the global trading scene and remains a good region to do business with.

http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/eu-pos … rld-trade/

11. dianetrotter profile image61

Why would Trump allow Flynn to lie to Pence?  I was unable to copy a link.  This is from Twitter but the video plays from FoxNews.

.@johnrobertsFox: @POTUS was in fact fully briefed on the content of those conversations that Gen. Flynn had with the Russian ambassador.

If the president knew, and allowed Flynn to lie, did he not lie also?  This is a question.

I don't think Trump has ever developed the ability to think deeply about things. He honestly does not know how to deal with things, and as lying has worked for him for a lifetime, that is simply what he does. I don't think he had the skillset to tackle the situation with Pence. I think he was in avoidance for that reason.

12. dianetrotter profile image61

For fun and those who like to read - transcript and analysis of Trump presser 2/16/2017

He inherited a mess

Trump:  To be honest, I inherited a mess. It's a mess. At home and abroad, a mess. Jobs are pouring out of the country; you see what's going on with all of the companies leaving our country, going to Mexico and other places, low pay, low wages, mass instability overseas, no matter where you look.   

Opinion
      Trump is hardly inheriting a mess. By almost every measure domestically, the country is better off today than it was eight years ago when Barack Obama took office. (See NPR reporter Danielle Kurtzleben’s full comparison, by the numbers.) And while ISIS didn’t exist, and there is instability in various parts of the world, one important and overlooked reason that Obama left office with higher than 50 percent approval rating is that the U.S. has wound down the number of U.S. troops overseas (after initially ramping up in Afghanistan). It’s a lesson for Trump. Getting bogged down overseas is a sure-fire way to create political problems for a president.

Domenico Montanaro
      NPR Political Editor & Digital Audience

Opinion
      The U.S. unemployment rate when Trump took office was 4.7 percent. The country has been adding jobs for nearly seven straight years, the longest period of job growth in history. After a long period of stagnant wages, household income grew in 2015 (the most recent year available) by 5.2 percent, the biggest one-year increase since record keeping began in 1967. Here are more numbers regarding what Trump has inherited.

Scott Horsley
      NPR White House Correspondent

Opinion
      For 2016, the economy added more than 2 million jobs, a solid, if not stellar, pace of growth. Investors were riding a long bull market. By these significant measures, the economy Trump inherited could hardly be called a mess. By comparison, Barack Obama became president during a tumultuous and frightening financial crisis, with markets in freefall and the economy shedding hundreds of thousands of jobs per month. President Ronald Reagan came into office during a recessionary period of economic malaise and high inflation. Economists of all political persuasions would agree that Obama and Reagan took on economies that were far worse than what President Trump inherited on Jan. 20. That’s not to say it didn’t have significant problems. Wages have been flat for many years now, a distressingly large percentage of Americans have quit the labor force altogether, and sections of the country have been severely battered by the loss of manufacturing jobs and the effects of the housing collapse.

Uri Berliner
      NPR Senior Editor, Business Desk

13. dianetrotter profile image61

Analysis - Size of his electoral win

Trump:  270 which you need, that was laughable. We got 306 because people came out and voted like they've never seen before so that's the way it goes. I guess it was the biggest electoral college win since Ronald Reagan.

Fact
      Trump win - 304
      Obama 2012 - 322
      Obama 2008 - 365
      Clinton 1996 - 379
      Clinton 1992 - 370
      HW Bush 1988 - 426

This is not shades of gray.  It is arithmetic - black and white

Comment
      Trump’s actual victory in the Electoral College was 304 votes due to two defections in Texas. But his larger point about the relative size of his victory is false. Barack Obama won with 332 electoral votes in 2012 and 365 in 2008. Bill Clinton secured 379 electoral votes in 1996 and 370 in 1992. Trump later said he was referring only to Republican presidents since Reagan, but George H.W. Bush won 426 electoral votes in 1988.

14. dianetrotter profile image61

on ties to Russia

Trump: And I can tell you, speaking for myself, I own nothing in Russia. I have no loans in Russia. I don't have any deals in Russia

2008 - Junior
      In a speech in 2008, his son, Donald Trump Jr., told a real estate conference: "Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.”

2007 - Senior
      Trump Sr. made no secret of the fact that he saw investment opportunities in Russia, saying in a 2007 deposition, “We will be in Moscow at some point."

2013 - Miss Universe Pageant
      After that 2007 deposition that Jim Zarroli notes above, Trump did go to Moscow. He landed a deal in 2013 to hold the Miss Universe contest there that year. He tweeted that it was a “big deal” that would “bring our countries together!” And then he tweeted this: “Do you think Putin will be going to The Miss Universe Pageant in November in Moscow - if so, will he become my new best friend?”

15. dianetrotter profile image61

When questioned about electoral win, he said he beat all Republicans.  This is before he was called out on stats for all presidents.

QUESTION
      You said today that you had the biggest electoral margins since Ronald Reagan, 300 or more electoral votes. In fact, President Obama about 365 electoral votes.

DONALD TRUMP
      Well, I’m talking about Republican. Yeah.

16. dianetrotter profile image61

I'm posting from the transript because the information is unfiltered or edited.

QUESTION
      The context with the Russian...can you definitely say...

DONALD TRUMP
      Well, I had nothing to do with it. I have nothing to do with Russia. I told you, I have no deals there, I have no anything. Now, when WikiLeaks, which I had nothing to do with, comes out and happens to give, they're not giving classified information. They're giving stuff -- what was said at an office about Hillary cheating on the debates.

Research/comment/opinion
      Trump’s ties to Russia go back to 1987, when he visited Moscow to discuss developing luxury hotels. Later, he told Playboy magazine that he wanted land there. “I said, ‘I want ownership, not leases.’ They came up with a solution: ‘Mr. Trump, we form a committee with ten people, of which seven are Russian and three are your representatives, and all disputes will be resolved in this manner.’ ” In the 1990s, dozens of condos in Trump World Tower in Manhattan were purchased by Russians. In 2007, he rolled out Trump Super Premium Vodka at the Millionaire Fair in Moscow. The next year, Donald Trump Jr. told investors in Russia  that the family planned to build housing and hotels in several cities there, and that “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets.” In 2013, Trump brought the Miss Universe Pageant to Moscow.

Marilyn Geewax
      NPR Senior Business Editor

1. ptosis profile image67
        ptosisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

http://www.hellasmultimedia.com/webimages/lines-htm/lines/REDSPECK.GIF

That's not all  - the guy even contradicts himself  - as if totally unhinged from reality.
        Transcript can be found here: http://www.npr.org/2017/02/16/515608127 … ary-russia

QUESTION
        Thank you. I was just hoping that we could get a yes or no answer on one of these questions involving Russia. Can you say whether you are aware that anyone who advised your campaign had contacts with Russia during the course of the election?

DONALD TRUMP
        Well I told you, Gen. Flynn obviously was dealing. So that's one person. But he was dealing, as he should have been.

QUESTION
        During the election?

DONALD TRUMP
        No. Nobody that I know of. Nobody...

QUESTION
        So you're not aware of any contact during the course..

DONALD TRUMP
        Look, look, look...

QUESTION
        ... of the election?

DONALD TRUMP
        How many times do I have to answer this question?

QUESTION
        Can you just say yes or no?

http://www.tampabay.com/resources/images/blogs-photo/rendered/2016/01/01072016_153046_cyjkqi0umaa55fr_8col.jpg

Craig Fuller, form HW Bush staffer, said he is only giving fuel to the investigation into the Russia problem.

17. dianetrotter profile image61

Who is lying?  POTUS OR Sweden

Sweden asks US to clarify Trump's comments on Sweden incident

http://thehill.com/policy/international … n-incident 

Former Swedish Prime Minister Carl Bildt also raised questions about what Trump was referring to.

"Sweden? Terror attack? What has he been smoking? Questions abound," he tweeted.

The Trump administration also faced backlash after Trump's top aide Kellyanne Conway referenced the "Bowling Green massacre," a nonexistent attack, to defend the president's travel ban. Conway later said she misspoke.

I have heard this, too. He continues a bad situation regarding his administration worse.

Today I finally realized what he means by "fake news."  His issue is with the editorials and pundit discussions.  That's not news.  It is "opinions."  They do include Trump surrogates for balanced discussions ... I think.

18. dianetrotter profile image61

100 days of Trump claims
      Throughout President Trump’s first 100 days, the Fact Checker team will be tracking false and misleading claims made by the president since Jan. 20.
      Jump to the full list
      In the 36 days Trump has been in office, we’ve counted 140 false or misleading claims.

example  ”She [Lockheed chief executive] cut her price over $700 million, right? By over $700 million.
      Repeated on Jan. 30, Feb. 6, Feb. 18, Feb. 22

Would it not be more productive to look at what he's actually done and discuss whether good or bad?  Or is just too much fun to count exaggerations and mistakes?

I believe people should tell the truth.  Why would a person not want to tell the truth?

Lie: any attempt to convince a listener/reader that something false is actually true.  To include spin, half stories, outright lies, obfuscation and any other tool to accomplish presenting something that is not true.

You would have to ask the media why they do it.  Or most any politician.  Lots of scientists.  Many educators and even religious leaders.  There are many, many reasons to try and manipulate the "reality" of people from monetary gain to political power to simple meanness.

But you didn't indicate why it is more productive to discuss words rather than deeds - do you have an opinion there?

1.  Lie:  I saw Muslims standing on the street cheering as the twin towers went down.
              2.  Either he did or he didn't
              3.  What is the purpose of lying

Motivation is very important.  I could be wrong.  It sounds like you are saying, "Yes, he lies but so what!  He's doing good things."

You are within your right to be happy with that.  I want people to tell me the truth rather they agree with me or not.

Close but no cigar.  I'm actually saying that actions and deeds count far more than words.  But no one wants to talk about what he is actually doing, just how mean he talks.

"There are many, many reasons to try and manipulate the "reality" of people from monetary gain to political power to simple meanness."

I would rather have people show me what they will do - all the words in the world pale beside results.  Example: he lied about seeing (thousands, I believe) of Muslims cheering, and the words are empty without either positive or negative value.  And he is attempting to fulfill the constitutional requirement of protecting our borders - if he actually accomplishes that it will be something that no politician for a hundred years has done.  Are you more interested in words that accomplish nothing or in actions that do?  Which is more important to you?

I'm interested in the total package.  To whom much is given, much is expected.  The president of the US is a role model for children.  I don't want them to tell me his type of reality.  It could mean life or death.

I like a couple of the things he's done.  A couple .... not so much.  Others, the jury is still out.  Often we don't understand the significance until it's history.

2. Oztinato profile image77
    Oztinatoposted 7 years ago

The effect both immediate and long term will be a rapidly growing facism in the USA.
    This stuff makes the tea party look like the girl scouts.
    We are witnessing the classic rise of a would be facist dictator in the USA. Such lies and gross propaganda coming from the ultra conservative new far right are already on a par with the worst examples in modern history.
    Calumney chaos fear and extreme misinformation are spewing forth from Donald.

1. Will Apse profile image87
      Will Apseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'm inclined to think that he is just an endlessly self-contradicting fool but there is an outside chance you are right. Once real ugliness enters a political system it can grow and grow.

2. Ken Burgess profile image76

What nonsense, no sane rational mind can believe that.  If the economy collapses, along with social order, then MAYBE... but until we have around 50% unemployment and people lining up for rations and no gas at the pumps there isn't even the remotest chance of any extremism getting control, trust me, there are those on the far left that learnt that the hard way as the past eight years slipped by without any overnight "change" occurring under Obama's watch, not a majority shift in the Supreme Court, not even the massive overhaul of the healthcare system is going to survive.

DJT said the unemployment rate is 42%.  Do you believe that?

I believe we have close to 100 million capable working people out of work.  That has been a fact that has not been in dispute for quite sometime.
          I would say that we are probably over 20% unemployment in reality, of individuals who are of working age and want to have a full time job with benefits.  We are not close to the 4.5% the government tries to sell.
          But... they need to foster that lie to support their reasons for having H1B and H2B visa programs and for having sanctuary cities and undocumented workers... all these things benefit businesses, they benefit those who get the jobs... but these things hurt Americans, our wages, and our social support systems because there are people surviving with government aid that would prefer to have a good paying job.
          It is easy to look up, you will find IBM, Disney, and many others who terminated American workers, and replaced them with H1-B immigrants.  It is also easy to look up the violations of Tyson, Toll Bros. etc, and see they have hired thousands of undocumented workers rather than Americans.
          One housing development that was being built a few years back, during the recession, relatives had moved in to, when we visited I saw hundreds of workers, I could not find one who spoke English, I highly doubt they were making 20 dollars an hour or had insurance.  And I am sure there were plenty of American construction workers who would have loved to been working on building those houses and earning a paycheck.

1.  So DJT is lying when he says unemploymnet rate is 42%?
            2.  Who hires these non-American workers?  DJT of course
            3.  Who has businesses outside the US while he tries to get others to bring theirs to the US?  DJT of course  Why doesn't he follow his own advice?  Why doesn't he tell Ivanka to bring hers back?
            4.  20%?  I have no idea what the unemployment rate is.  So it sounds like you believe it is somewhere between the statistics reported by BLS and DJT. 
            5.  I believe businesses want to hire as cheaply as possible because they want to show higher profits.  It's wrong.  There are supposedly mechanisms in place to prevent that.  If not, they should be revised.

I don't think we disagree on anything other than to say MSM lies about DJT.  We know that he lies and calls them alternate facts per Kellyanne Conway.

It is sad that the US can't get past politics and do what is best for the country.

Uhh, it's a little tough to get Scotsmen to play golf on a golf course in the US.  Or to stay in a hotel here when they are in Scotland.  Or to hire only American citizens to run that golf course or hotel located overseas.

It's a little disingenuous to blame him for foreign real estate based businesses, isn't it?  I mean, that's something that cannot be brought home like manufacturing can.

I thought his focus is on the US -  not Scotland.  I didn't mention real estate; however, what's wrong with building golf courses in the US.  It's not my idea.  It's his.  I really don't care one way or the other.  I'm responding to Ken.

His clothing and accessories are made outside the US.  Ivanka's clothing, accessories, shoes, etc., same thing.

My whole issue has been the lies.  As long as it is peaceful, I don't mind venturing off.  I just get stressed when it gets into right/left, DNC/GOP, conservative/liberal, etc.

My values are Christian.  I want to be able to express them.  Lying is a sin regardless of who tells it.

He is like a blunt instrument, no finesse, less ability to convey a calming and inclusive message then a rock... and his ability to say controversial things is amplified tenfold by the media... I don't think he lies to lie or cover something up.., I think he says these things to create the reality, create the perception.

That is part and parcel of being a salesman, real estate mogul, larger than life international figure, etc.  Give the man credit, he wasn't born into who he was... he MADE who he was, and what the name Trump means.

Many people might not get that.  But it is part of being a larger than life personality that can accomplish the un-accomplishable, do the impossible.

Without getting into a huge psychology lesson... he has existed on and in a self created super persona for almost his entire life, or Super Ego, or whatever they may have taught in Psych 101 as its equivalent. 

So he isn't lying because he is trying to deceive you... and he isn't lying because he is delusional.  He expressing things as he sees them, wants you to see them, or wants to create the reality to which others see it.

Now this is a huge asset to have for most things in life... its what gets things like Trump Tower built in the middle of NY during a time when the country is still in a major recession... his perception of what is great and what makes great... creates greatness.  No doubt, Trump Tower when first built was impressive, and his personality and efforts made it instantly legendary.

And now he is directing those skills and that personality towards 'Making America Great Again'... he won't apologize for his efforts, he will be blunt and insulting to those who try and stop him from doing so... he is not a politician used to lying to people and telling them what they want to hear, and then quietly behind closed doors screwing Americans over for the sake of some political capitol or campaign funding.

Trump is a business mogul, and he just so happens to be directing his skills and abilities towards 'fixing' the country, rather than 'fixing' a Hotel or Casino.

But he is not Hitler, that is insane to suggest it... I can't stress that enough, to compare Trump to someone who wanted to ethnically eradicate an entire people out of existence, a person who wanted to exact revenge on all the countries that had defeated his nation in a past war... please, its disgusting to even bring it up or say he is anything close to that.

He has not been in a position to become a Nazi.  He has been in a position to have people work for him and not pay them.  He has brought his family along for the nice ride which is good.

I don't see employees saying he has made their lives great.  If he does it for the US, wonderful. 

Personally, I think the man is not well.  I'm not trying to be insulting.  I feel he needs to get psychiatric help.  I have seen one twice in the last year and a half.  I saw a psyhologist when I was in my 30s.  It was very helpful.  I learned that I defy authority when I disagree.  More importantly I learned that I had a problem with my mother.  That was good information for me to think through and resolve within myself because I had to bring my mother to California to care for her when she got Alzheimer's.

He has issues that need resolution.

2. wilderness profile image96

Trump is all over the world, in several countries.  As far as I know, it's all about real estate, though - nothing that we could export and nothing to import, either.

My clothes are made in china, too.  Likely so are yours.  We don't make hardly anything in the US anymore - too cheap to pay for the labor to do it.

Certainly agree, though, about the GOP/DNC thing.  Just not interested in the slightest in which party does what.  And, like you, sick and tired of the lies, exaggerations, opinions as fact and all the rest of the garbage.

I am happy with the Supreme Court pick as well as those cabinet secretaries that will not KA.  His inner circle is more troubling than the cabinet selections imho.

2. Oztinato profile image77
                Oztinatoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The strategic thing to do for "America First" is have all of the golf courses in the United States!  Brilliant idea!

Why?  To eliminate any foreign profits (and foreign money coming into the country) that don't require American imports?  That seems counterproductive...

3. Rock Artist profile image70
    Rock Artistposted 7 years ago

It's funny to me how people are saying he's so full of hate, when he doesn't hate anyone all he's doing is speaking out against the media who completely lied about him throughout the campaign and that continues to do so even after he's become President of the United States.  Who is it spe8cifically that you can say President Trump hates?

So far you have the only sensible, reasonable and truthful comment on here.

But we are not discussing hate here.

yes some of them are.

I know.  I like to try to elevate the comments to have a productive discussion.

It seems it is impossible to have a conversation without people backing into their corners.

3. Oztinato profile image77
      Oztinatoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

To enlighten the deliberately ignorant about certain hypocritical themes I have posted this link.
      http://time.com/4447655/donald-trump-ho … key-trade/

4. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 7 years ago

If we learn from history and use it as a guide, no impact at all.  History, after all, is pretty clear about the propensity of politicians to lie whenever their mouth is open.  Why we should expect anything different from Trump, or why we should expect that his lies would concern anyone when political lies haven't done so for a century, is puzzling.

5. colorfulone profile image79
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Diane, the fascist left liberal media are liars. Its sad that people don't realize that.  Just about every time Hillary Clinton opened her mouth...lies came out, but the media gave her a pass and covered for her lies.  The same with Obama, and the media covered for his lies. 

Trump is a man who is standing up for truth and the media spins their BS.  The enemy is trying to delegitimatize president Trump...and you have been deceived along with many other haters. 

The devil is working overtime to deceive people. 
    I'm real tire of all the hypocrisy and lies from the left.   
    My respect level just went down another notch. 
    I rarely use the word shame, but this is a shame.

Pray for President Trump, he is our president.

I do pray for President Trump.  HRC is a non-entity right now.

Kellyanne Conway considered what Sean Spicer said an "alternate truth."
      Donald Trump is saying Spicer went to far.
      Spicer was reading off his notes.  DId Trump not know what was on the notes.

President Trump said the media created a false issue between the CIA and himself.  The tweets prove others.

The stock market goes up and down based on things said by the President.

Countries sharing a border with Russia are afraid we will not be there to help them.  This seems to be consistent with America first.

If we talk parties, that is not addressing the here and now issues.  HRC was a liar and I didn't vote for her.  She lost and should have.  Can't that be behind us as we address what is happening now and before us?

Many feel the same way about HRC. They probably voted based on that. HRC is no RFK or MLK. I feel the left and msm is by default flipping out over HRC. If they were flipping out over RFK or MLK id probably join them, but thats not an option.

Lets get real. If Trump had lost there would be no protests or riots. The media and entire hollywood industry would be going 24/7 about how HRC is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Aint nothing going to move positive or constructive until msm stops fanning the fire. They are never going to do that because they are arrogant and drunk with the power of manipulating minds.

MSM is the enemy of the American people. They only have allegiance to themselves. MSM has no conscience and like a pit bull will turn on people who make the mistake of trusting it.  If HRC won then msm would be celebrating like Christmas. And if one is democrat or liberal , msm would be just a nice family pet. Now the family pet/ msm is mad. And its in the backyard with the neighbors kids. Maybe msm is ones family pet. I wouldnt trust it. Imagine every channel is fox news. All the late nite shows and comedy is Glenn Beck.Every movie has a fox news tone. All the musicians praise fox news. I am conservative but that sounds scary.

I have no doubt that countries bordering Russia fear we will not be there.
        Maybe they should consider investing in their own Military and developing the ability to defend themselves, or be willing to front a substantial amount of money to the U.S. of A. to be their 'protection' if not.
        It is in America's best interests NOT to be fighting Russia and China and Iran and ISIS and who ever else makes the list. Which by some accounts is where we seem to be headed...
        The easiest of those to back away from is Russia, in fact, I think its idiotic to even be bringing them up unless they attack us... we have enough problems with Iran's constant efforts to incite conflict and China's growing military becoming ever bolder and pushing into more areas... considering how our economy is tied to China, who makes nearly everything for us that we consume or work with these days, that is a far more concerning matter than Russia.

I pray all cabinet picks have character and ethics that will allow them to stand up for what is right.

6. colorfulone profile image79

"Donald Trump is not the president of the United States."
    ~  dianetrotter
    http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13372922.jpg

Reality check!

7. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

What is worrying is that Trump says something that is not true for whatever reason and then his team feel obliged to make it be true.

There were multiple sources of evidence that his inauguration attendance numbers were well down on Obama's first term including the comparison pics below:

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13373490_f1024.jpg

Trump refused to acknowledge this, made his usual threats of 'consequences', and his press spokesperson harangued reporters concerning their reports while refusing to take questions.

The numbers are a trivial issue but the way it has been handled is scary.

Trump wants you and everyone else to live in the same fantasy world that he does. And if you do not, there will be 'consequences'.

He leaves a trail for future litigation, if some decide to go that path.  If he ticks Republicans off, they will be able to bring the lies back.

Today Kellyanne said Trump will not show his taxes.  Immediately, Assange made an offer to post his taxes on wikileaks if someone can produce them.  This could be the turning of the table.  I think Assange is looking for a pardon from Trump.  If Trump pardons him, it could be considered compensation.

If Trump loses his personal popularity, the Republican elites will fall on him like a pack of wolves. That might explain why he is so desperate to assert that he won the election by a 'massive landslide' (untrue) and had the 'biggest crowd at an inauguration ever' (untrue).

The RNC felt they had to go with Trump because he beat everyone else.  They saw a way to get their policies in.  PLUS, Mike Pence is looking awfully presidential to them.

I just can't comprehend how people can blatantly lie to the world and be indignant about it.

2. colorfulone profile image79

Gigapixel by CNN who's narrative was that Trump's crowd was small debunked their own fake news.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/01/ … gigapixel/

You can zoom in all the way back to the Washington Monument ans see the crowd as Trump gives his speech.  Be sure be zoom in on the looks on people's faces and what they were wearing.  The crowd was massive and possibly the largest ever in Inaugural history. 

I have spent hours studying the scene, it was Huge!
          http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13373679.jpg
          http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13373681.jpg
          Video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8llFHHAkGcw
          Learn to not trust the media and trust what Trump says.

Multiple sources means multiple sources.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdantUf … e=youtu.be

Spicer tried to bluff his way through with ridership figures for the Washington Metro of 420,000 on Trump’s inaugural day. However, for comparison he used a figure of 317,000 which was the ridership figure only up to 11am on the inaugural day of 2013 – when Barack Obama had already been in office four years.

For Obama's first inauguration there were 1.1 million (a record that still stands)

Ridership for the Women's March, day and evening, totaled 1,001,613.

Plenty of empty stands on Twitter.

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13373769.jpg

I suspect that you are already lost, Colorfulone. Please check the back of your neck for implants, lol.

Just doing a quick search, that image seems to be from Lane Bryant: Plus Size Clothing / Lane Furniture, originally.  That seems crazy, but that's Google. 
              and...
              Rupert Myers on Twitter: "It really happened, and it was embarrassing ...
              M Livingston (@mandilivingston) | Twitter

I'll notify authorities, but I believe they already know.  Seems bogus, may be a rehearsal run of the event or of something else.  Thanks!

Streets and access were blocked off, and many violent protesters were stopping people from going to the parade under Obama's stand down command to the police.

Its surreal!

"I suspect that you are already lost, Colorfulone. Please check the back of your neck for implants, lol." - Liberalism is so far out!

Washington is mainly liberal, so is New England.

Trump poured scorn on Washington throughout his campaign.

Why not just accept the truth? In that corner of the US, his pulling power is not great.

Also hotel occupancy in Washington was down on previous inaugurations. I am guessing his die-hard supporters are not fans of the city and maybe less well-heeled.

These facts explain the low turnout without reflecting badly on Trump and it would be simpler to use truthful explanations.

I hear the hotel prices were so expenses that people were using Air BNB.

Apparently, the protesters finally filled the hotels. My info was out of date. The swamp is not going to go bust.

Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Obama was the first Black president of the U.S. That was a unique inaugural.  Another old, white man as president?  That's old news.  Of course the turnout was different.  Move on.

1. profile image0

It ALL  comes down to -WHAT TIME  were the respective photos taken in the crowd gathering ?

Really ,  This is all but one more attempt at Alternative Fact of the leftist media and it's hyper-religious following  suffering from the new disease  SLD ,-- Sore -Loser Disorder .

1. Don W profile image83
          Don Wposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Then go to this thread, and explain exactly which the facts there is inaccurate.

http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2867221

I hadn't seen that before.  Thank you Don!

I've bowed out of discussion because I can't get people to discuss facts.

How long does the ceremony last?  Don't they have timers on the cameras?

3. celafoe profile image55

obummr was not a black man, he is more arab than black, he is A mus-slime and hates all that are not black skinned and those black skinned that are not mus-slimes.
        He did more harm to the black people than any one before him has ever done.   BUT WHY ARE YOU FOLKS ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT SKIN COLOR?    It means nothing.    Being black means that some ancestors lived close to the equator.   It was a protection from the sun, a black skinned person does not sun burn like a white skin does.  (takes longer).   No matter skin color we all bleed the same kinds of blood.  in fact blood banks classify blood by type not by skin color, if you have had a blood transfusion YOU may have some black blood, and may need to thank a black skinned person for the gift of life. The only true way to differentiate people is by KNOWING their CHARACTER not by color of skin.
        I am a white skinned 79 year old man with many black skinned friends and am SICK AND TIRED OF ALL SKIN COLOR BULL----.    TIME FOR ALL TO GROW UP and be interested in things of significance,  THAT MEANS ALL, NOTJUST LIGHT SKINNED BECAUSE SOME OF WORST ENEMIES of black skinned people IS AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN THOSE OF BLACK SKIN.
        The first and yhe majority of black skinned slave were sold into slavery by their black skinned brethren,   many of other skin color have been slaves and in fact STILL ARE.
        We all  OWE each other NOTHING OTHER THAN treatment based on the CHARACTER of each.     Wake up and grow uo.

8. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

Trump's egotism, vengeful disposition and downright scary narcissism will be enough to intimidate most the world, given US power, but could just tip your country into wars with anyone willing to stand up to the lies and nonsense.

Please do not let him nuke SE Asia or Western Europe, if you or anyone else can restrain him, lol.

what a foolish comment

9. colorfulone profile image79

roll

10. colorfulone profile image79

roll 
    Liberalism at its peek there, and from another country.
    I'll keep at it...because I love you all!
    http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/01/ … gigapixel/
    Pudding!

11. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

I sincerely hope that Trump  works extremely hard to isolate the mainstream media from the White House - No longer should the incredibly divisive  bias of this present day  news media be filtering the truths of Washington swamp politics-- FROM THE PEOPLE--  in America !    The sooner that he develops a media platform that goes directly to the people -the better. Even if he has to legally throw the media  out of the White House press room. .
    There comes a point when no media representation  at all is better than this one !

amen

12. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

"Alternative facts"?  Have we really come to that?

13. profile image0

The hopefully soon to die fact - challenged American news media , continues to wage a war to de-legitimize the entire Trump campaign and now presidency !  AS usual those of you on the new -  left  put on your little  cotton Mao-ist uniforms  and throw in with the same media bias .
    At this point - get behind your president and demand honesty  and fact from your media .
    Quit buying the media bias ! Watch America change for the good !

Gonna start selling those magic beans with a little pic of Trump stamped on each one. They are going to be hot items. Trump magic beans grow taller and faster than any kind of magic bean there has ever been. Lets make beans great again!

Google is creating an ap to fact check POTUS as he tweets.

Now you can fact-check Trump’s tweets — in the tweets themselves

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the … 5855e65de4
        http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13375161_f1024.jpg

This email has also been verified by Google DKIM 2048-bit RSA key

Re: From time to time I get the questions in advance

To: donna@brazileassociates.com, balcantara@hillaryclinton.com
          CC: john.podesta@gmail.com, Minyon.Moore@deweysquare.com
          Date: 2016-03-12 19:41
          Subject: Re: From time to time I get the questions in advance

Hi. Yes, it is one she gets asked about. Not everyone likes her answer
          but can share it.

Betsaida - can you send her answer on death penalty?

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 12, 2016, at 4:39 PM, Donna Brazile <donna@brazileassociates.com>
          wrote:

Here's one that worries me about HRC.

DEATH PENALTY

19 states and the District of Columbia have banned the death penalty. 31
          states, including Ohio, still have the death penalty. According to the
          National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty, since 1973, 156 people
          have been on death row and later set free. Since 1976, 1,414 people have
          been executed in the U.S. That’s 11% of Americans who were sentenced to
          die, but later exonerated and freed. Should Ohio and the 30 other states
          join the current list and abolish the death penalty?

Sent from Donna's I Pad. Follow me on twitter @donnabrazile

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/5205

Trump was trained in DARPA, this is intelligence plus if they put a fact check on Trump's Twitter.  Can they put one on every bodies?   Oh, would that be fun!

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
          Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Nothing wrong with this!
          "We made a tool that slips a bit more context into Trump's tweets. It's still in the early stages, but our goal is to provide additional context where needed for Trump's tweets moving forward … "
          https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the … 28522c413d

I dont believe it is a fact that is a Google App.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

Chrome is a browser. It appears to be a Moldy washington post app. Like an extension for Firefox or Chrome. And it doesnt seem to be a fact checker but more like a Moldy washington post editorial.

lol  lol  lol

2. celafoe profile image55

agreed cant trust giggle

Oh my!  Bezos is an arch enemy?  Pride goes before a fall.  He owns Amazon and Washington Post and is filthy rich are arrogant  His news site has publish many fake news reports, they are discredited.  They have published retractions some times, but still...  I don't put much stock in that site.  Although, they can knock a breaking story out of the park when they want to. 

Bezos may need to be taken down a few pegs before he self-destructs.  I think he has met his match with Trump. 

Do you ever get the feeling you are watching an online video game that is very addicting?  I do!

3. celafoe profile image55

great if you trust LIBERAL GOOGLE.  I DO NOT  nor do most people that expect TRUTH

That app is being constructed by a "news" organization, not Google.

But there is zero chance that Google does not manipulate their search engine results.  Whether they do it for political reasons is unknown, but consider that the Dollar is their god, not political power.  They likely don't care whether the site you go to is liberal or conservative as long as their ads are displayed on it and they can make a penny or two.

Sorry I didn't read far enough to see someone else was creating the ap!

1. Don W profile image83

No worries Diane. I did post it as a comment on another thread started by Melissa Wright(?), but the whole thread seems to have vanished, so I reposted it as a separate thread.

Yes, I've found that lots of people are willing to shout about falsehoods, but when asked to discuss the facts in detail, they tend to go quiet.

Frustrating!  I'm thinking of taking another Hubpage vacation.

1. jo miller profile image94
                    jo millerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Great idea!  I've been reading through some of the comments here.  These folks are a little nutty.  Find something more constructive to do.  Or  write some articles here.  I like the way you think.

2. Don W profile image83

Always good to know when to take a break.

3. colorfulone profile image79

I go outside and start a fire in the fire-pit, enjoy the fire and cook burgers or brats.  Doing anything relaxing and rewarding in the real world is like a mini vacation to me.  Read, oh I love to read...not just anything, I like to read good stuff that is educational by people who are extremely intelligent, and I love reading the oldest historical books I can get my hands on, and declassified documents, etc.  There are so many rewarding things we can do for ourselves...

ADDED: another thing I enjoy is designing products to sell online. Always nice to earn a little extra.

What do you like do to to take yourself away and put yourself on a mini-vacation?

2. profile image0

And this is how the altered minds of the left reacts ?    Actually  accusing  Trump of alternate fact..... While sadly , the left is so about altered fact , statistics and  total dishonesty . The leftist news media today is about as advanced into the reality and truth   as Lenin  was into kindness  and fellowship to humanity .What trump SHOULD do is to address the American public by radio ,  Like Kathryn Hill   says ., And close the White House press room  and get to work changing America .

Because of their low road tactics ,Neither the new left nor the media  in America  deserves  any cooperation  from Trump to begin with .

exactly.

After 8 years, Sean Hannity is allowed back into the White House.   Mainstream media and the politicians they brown nose hate it that they cannot control internet news sites, and Hannity does have his own news site.   

Evidently the president of CBS, David Roads and the president of ABC Ben Sherwood both had brothers that were top officials at the WH for the Obama Administration.  They also worked for the NSC on foreign policy issues directly related to Benghazi. The CNN deputy bureau chief Virginia Moseley is married to Hillary Clinton's former deputy of state Tom Nides.  Its a protective family affair?

Only 6 media corporations produce 90% of the media in America: Time Warner, Walt Disney, Viacom, News Corporation, CBS Corporation, Comcast. That alone should alert people that they are being programmed, after all it is called programming for a reason.

Only 6% of Americans consider the media to be 'very trustworthy'.
          Not too good!

American people are addicted to mainstream media. Supposedly the average person watches 153 hours of television per month. That's a lot of programming! 

I've been television media free for just about 3 1/2 years. I should start celebrating each year like a freedom feast.

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image78

Nobody accused Trump of alternative facts.  His spokesperson used the term herself.

agreed

14. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years ago

Its like some people have mold-colored glasses on; ucky mold-colored glasses. Some have no glasses and see clearly the reality at hand. Some have rose-colored glasses. Those are better than the moldy ones, I would say! Most would disagree, of course.

Those who disagree really do prefer reality and will keep an eye on Trump. Hopefully he knows that. Hopefully his heart and common sense will keep him going in the right direction. There's always  We The People  to check him; those who see clearly and are wearing neither mold-colored nor rose-colored glasses.
    At this point I am totally IGNORING those wearing the moldy ones.

15. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

He should stop that stupid tweeting. I doubt Thomas Jefferson or John Adams would have attempted anything so insignificant.
    Can you imagine John adams tweeting, "When people talk of the freedom of writing, speaking or thinking I cannot choose but laugh."
    He would not have been able to add: "No such thing ever existed. No such thing now exists; but I hope it will exist. But it must be hundreds of years after you and I shall write and speak no more, etc." John Adams
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/auth … adams.html

Would you rather have a teleprompter written by five lawyers release.you a statement that has ambiguous legalese?

See above.
        Who says he would rely on five lawyers releasing statements that have ambiguous legalese?

"From March 1933 to June 1944, Roosevelt addressed the American people in some 30 speeches broadcast via radio, speaking on a variety of topics from banking to unemployment to fighting fascism in Europe. Millions of people found comfort and renewed confidence in these speeches, which became known as the “fireside chats.”
        http://www.history.com/topics/fireside-chats

"In 1982, Reagan began a series of Saturday radio addresses. During these addresses, he would informally address the nation on current events. Not since Franklin D. Roosevelt’s Fireside Chats had an incumbent President spoken to his constituents over the radio. Initially conceived for only nine talks, the addresses’ popularity ensured that he would stay on the air for the rest of his Presidency. Like Roosevelt, Reagan was socially-inclusive in order to strengthen partisan identity against the media while gaining constituent groups through the use of humor and allusions."
        http://www.inquiriesjournal.com/article … s-of-unity

tweets are the only way he can let us know the truth because the media is corrupt and change the truth to their slant instead of reporting the truth.

https://thespeechatimeforchoosing.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/benghazi-obama-and-hillary-lie.jpg
        Especially if they want to cover for someone until they get re-elected.

2. bluesradio profile image57

Most reporters I know are taught the rules of objectivity and only report the facts that are presented to them....I really do not believe that there is some great media conspiracy.........Now if they are investigative reporters they may go digging a little harder than your usual average general assignment reporter.........

16. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

Ya can't set the record straight via tweets which attempt to offer quick explanations. President Trump. Save your comments and explanations for "fireside" chats of some sort. Overfamiliarity is not good for someone in a position of command and authority. Delivering speeches which fully address misunderstandings is the best way to earn and maintain respect.
    Hope he listens to me. lol

what bull

17. profile image54
    Syed Habibposted 7 years ago

no politics please

"While all other sciences have advanced, that of government is at a standstill - little better understood, little better practiced now than three or four thousand years ago." John Adams

Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/auth … adams.html

18. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

Tweeting is not dignified. Now that he is President, it needs to stop. And he needs to ignore the negative lying trolls who wear those mold-colored glasses. "Don't Feed the Trolls" is a T Shirt I want to send President Trump. Just ignore them.

Youre probably right . Speeches by radio etc. smile Goodnight.

But it's a addiction for him. So I don't think he will stop...

Do you personally know him to know he has an addiction?

You don't have to know a person to know an addiction........Some things can just be observed.....Let's see you get up in the middle of the night to do it...You seem to have an uncontrollable urge to do it. ...and as one who has fought my own addictions (We all have them in one sort or another), it's easy to recognize..

Trump maybe makes about 1-5 tweets per day, or none. 
              I make about 1-5 tweets per day, sometimes more or less or none.
              I am not addicted, I can take it or leave it.

But, which one would you say is addicted? 

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref … r%5Eauthor

When I worked full time online I worked 16 hours a day a lot, and was up very early tweeting, or worked into the middle of the night and tweeted. 

Social media is trending, its the way to go to communicate directly with people all over the world.  I don't spend hours on Twitter, it only takes seconds to post a tweet.

Just wondering if he doesn't tweet more than that, and how much of his tweets are based on things that he sees as a attack on his ego.....Have always felt that he had a sizeable ego problem, but that didn't stop me from liking his show The Apprentice...so I am willing to be proven wrong that he is willing to listen to all sides and come up with fair solutions..
                Personally, I am a community organizer and media person so I thought that Obama would do more than he did..but his hands were tied by the establishment as well...

When people are being attacked online they have every right to defend themselves, that has nothing to do with ego.  However, I do believe you are right that Trump does have a ego. Obama has a sizable ego as well, we could go on and on with that.  It doesn't matter.

Trump is making good no his promises and that is what matters to me.  Obama made promises and then did the opposite, his hands weren't tied.  Although, he wasn't able to close Gitmo like he promised his handlers he would do, but he did release many terrorists.

Some of his promises I find scary.....like he has talked bout that infamous wall with Mexico which I think is a bad idea, he has talked about a Muslim Registry, and he has talked about appointing justices that could be a threat to Roe Vs . Wade and to the rights of Same Sex couples......and he has denied that our climate is changing....
                    But, I have heard of some good things he has talked bout as well......I have met some people that actually know Obama and says he is one of the least egotistical people that they know.....and they know quite a few...as with everything, History will be the final judge....

I also like to see that Trump has his nose to the grindstone when he isn't bellyaching.

2. PhoenixV profile image63

Maybe liberals can create a 12 step program for Twitter users.  I know that Twitter has ruined my life, personally.  Twitter is also a gateway social media. Pretty soon I was hooked on Goofle Plus. Then it was LinkedIn. My name is PhoenixV and I am a Twitter user.

Mainliner?  smile
            What will we use as our Higher Power?

I used to steal data just to get a twitter fix. Im not proud of that. Itsa monkey on my back.

I hope you feel better for getting that out into the open.  You must feel like a load was lifted off your shoulders. What you say here, stays here.  Live happy, joyous and free from all that now!

Trump has given me the serenity to accept that in life you just cant go over 140 characters and expect that not to leave an emotional scar, that they just dont make a bandaid for. Its on the inside. sad

3. dianetrotter profile image61

Thank you for answering the question asked without being pro-right or left.

No, tweeting is not dignified, but that hardly tops the list of things that are not dignified about Trump.  Still, I'm glad to see someone point this out.

19. celafoe profile image55
    celafoeposted 7 years ago

so many false accusations and no facts or specifics given in 95% of this topic.   so wrong and so liberal.   i am ashamed of so many of you who are have drunk the liberal koolaid and accuse without specific proof because you are parroting liberal lies.
    but I am encouraged by the numbers that support TRUTH.and hope the others wake from their slumber as the truth prevails over time and the liars are shut out.

1. Don W profile image83

Fair enough. Here are some specifics for you:

Trump spokesperson: "This was the first time in our nation's history that floor coverings have been used to protect the grass on the Mall. That had the effect of highlighting any areas where people were not standing, while in years past the grass eliminated this visual".

Fact: the same floor covering was usd in 2013: Here is a news report from that time: "With just four days to go before the Inauguration, caretakers of the National Mall are rushing to preserve the grass. Huge crowds four years ago virtually destroyed the grounds. Starting Friday morning, crews will put down thousands of plastic sheets over six-and-a-half acres of new grass on the Mall. The terraplas, as it's called, sits inches above the grass, allowing light and water to pass through. This multi-million dollar project will take two days to complete".

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local … 01631.html

In fact a combination of teraplas, arena panels and LD panels were used.

Here is the online company that sells and installs the protective covering: http://www.covermaster.com/News/Nationa … aplas.html

And here is a photo from their online catalog showing it laid down for the "57th  Presidential Inauguration", i.e. Obama's second inauguration which happened in 2013.

http://www.covermaster.com/core/media/media.nl?id=201248&amp;c=943463&amp;h=f7d3509ca41e7035e398

And here is the company that installed it in 2013.
      http://www.eps.net/en-us/event/news-and … monies-20/

Here is another photo of the ground protection installed in 2013:
      http://www.eps.net/assets/en_US/event/NewsPage/fifty-seventh-inaugural-ceremonies.../gallery-images/_resampled/croppedResizeWyIzNDAiLCIyNTAiXQ/MarkWyIyMCJd/eps_america_ground_cover.JPG

And here is the National Park Servcice permit for the 2013 innauguration event specifically authorizing the use of ground protection:
      https://www.nps.gov/aboutus/foia/upload … s-2012.pdf

Trump spokesperson: "420,000" used the D.C. Metro on Jan. 20, 2017

Fact: 570,557 trips were taken between 4 a.m - midnight on Friday. In 2013, 782,000 trips were taken

Trump spokesperson: 317,000 trips were taken in 2013.

Fact: that figure is for trips after 11 a.m in 2013.  Using the same timeframe, 193,000 trips were taken for the Trump inauguration.

Here is the actual Tweet from the official feed of DC Metro/WMATA: https://twitter.com/wmata/status/822482330346487810

Breakdown of rider figures for previous inaugurations (trips between 4 a.m - midnight on top, trips after 11am on bottom):

Jan. 20, 2017 (Trump inaugural)
      Jan. 21, 2013* (Obama inaugural)
      Jan. 20, 2009 (Obama inaugural)
      Jan. 20, 2005 (Bush inaugural)

Trump spokesperson: "This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period, both in person and around the globe"

?: How was that determined? What specific measures and sources were used that enables the administration to establish the global audience within 24 hours after the event?

Now, based on the above information:

Do you accept that the Trump administration is wrong (or lying) when it says that ground protection has never been used before at an inauguration?

Do you accept that the Trump administration is wrong (or lying) when it says more people used the metro during the Trump inaugural than the Obama inaugural?

if all you have to offer is something this insignificant and stupid as this you need to grow up.

1. Don W profile image83

The Trump administration thought this was so significant they held a special press briefing, where the spokesperson accused the press of false reporting and made the statements outlined above. So I'm not giving it any more significance than Trump already has.

Are you saying the fact the president finds this significant means he needs to grow up?

And when Rep. John Lewis said he'd never boycotted an inauguration before, Trump thought it was so significant he Tweeted that Lewis was "wrong (or lying)" because he did boycott a previous inauguration.

So I'm just applying the same standard that Trump and his administration have applied.

The questions are very simple. Based on the above information:

Do you accept the Trump administration was wrong (or lying) when it said that ground protection has never been used before at an inauguration?

Do you accept the Trump administration was wrong (or lying) when it said more people used the metro during the Trump inaugural than the Obama inaugural?

You're right, it's good to get into specifics.

I like for people to provide documentation.  Truth should be substantiated by evidence and not preference.

Thank you for stats and sources!

2. Don W profile image83

celafoe: "so many false accusations and no facts or specifics given"

me: here are the specifics. so do you now accept the Trump administration was wrong on this?

celafoe: that's insignificant.

me: the administration did a special briefing on it. Obviously they feel it's significant. Do you accept they were wrong here?

celafoe: *crickets*

How strange you had so much to say about falsehood and truth, previously accusing people of drinking the "liberal koolaid", but when faced with clear evidence, suddenly you have little to say.

What happened to your concern for the truth?

20. profile image0

One of the major differences between Democrats and Republicans in candidate vetting is more than obvious to many people and not so for some   !   The right doesn't rely as heavily on actual likeability of the candidate , image , charisma ,.......matters little to the right  , and to the left they do !   Hence the polished ,intellectualism ,the "phoniness " if you will , Bill Clinton ,  Barack Obama ,   Hillary Clinton ............

Too those on the right ,  Trump came across immediately as a man in motion ,  a player , a doer , a successful corporate mover and shaker ,   far  less about image and being an empty suit  AND FAR MORE about one who accomplishes what he starts out to do ,That- Is why he was elected !

So here is the issue that the left cannot begin to fathom and in fact --- are totally in shock of ;    Pres. Trump IS DOING not only EXACTLY as he  promised he would do but he is doing it in record time !  The only person " Lying In The Face of Facts "  .........are those still in shock on the left and  trying very hard to deal with the major realization  that it was Pres. Obama's administration that was the total lie !

Trump came along at the right time, his way of presentation and speaking would have gotten him no-where 20 years ago.
      But we have had a quarter century of NAFTA, CAFTA, etc. and the degradation of our industrial and silicon/intellectual might, the foundation of what made America, what made the Middle Class, had been gutted from our nation and spread throughout the world to places like Mexico and China where they pay employees pennies to the dollar of what it costs to employ an American, and with the trade agreements companies didn't have to worry about paying taxes or tariffs.  Worse than that, in many instances the federal government FUNDED those companies with our tax dollars to move their business/jobs overseas.
      Most people are uninformed when it comes to how this all works, but the combined loss of businesses since the late-90s to foreign countries, combined with the wave of immigration (also supported by our government/corrupt-politicians) including those H1B and H2B visas has driven down wages and jobs for Americans while also driving down the value of the dollar... all this is great for corporations, for Wall St, for many foreign countries... but brutal on the American economy/wealth and Middle Class.
      Anyways, without a quarter century of wage decline and job loss, and 25 years of Political Correctness and anti-white anti-Christian anti-western-civilization  dogma and discontent being forced into every part of our society, peaking last year with a wave of unbelievable Police assassinations and terrorist attacks in our country and a President who refused to identify the enemy responsible for those attacks across America and Europe... without all that such a blunt (not slick or politically savvy) person could have never become President... nor would so many Americans have come out to vote that had never come out before.
      For most people, there was little difference between McCain and Obama, between Obama and Romney, so why bother voting when they all were going to do basically the same thing, and continue to screw over the little man in America.
      Trump was different, he wasn't a politician, and he said the very things on the minds of most Americans... the shock to the elites and the left is that Americans could see what was happening to their country, their jobs, their way of life, and responded.  All they needed was someone to take up their cause... and Trump did that.  Bluntly. Directly.  In a way that could not be misconstrued by a lying, spiteful media that frowns down on the working class Americans just like the politicians do.

+1  Well said!

One must wonder of the left really doesn't understand this, or if they think that screaming even louder about the evils of our culture will convince Americans that it really is evil.  That blocking roads and making signs will provide the thrust for  "politics as usual" after the people have made it abundantly clear that they are sick of it.

What everyone first needs to understand and accept is that the 'left' has been taken over by Socialists, the Islamic Movement, and/or by the lobbyists representing billionaire businesses and foreign interests which fill their pockets and fund their campaigns.
          Second, what people need to understand is what is going on in the world right now.  The wave of immigration, of Islam, into 'Western Civilization' nations, and a bigger problem is that all that hate seen in the Middle East for Jews and Christians, that religious extremism is flooding into Europe, and being accepted or being excused, and it is destroying countries like Sweden and Belgium and soon all of Europe will be as bad or worse.
          One has to be wantonly ignorant of what is going on in nations like Sweden that have accepted millions of 'refugees' not to see what is happening. .... What we are seeing is a wave of immigration similar to the waves of Christian Europeans that spread across America hundreds of years ago, what was then 'Manifest Destiny' for Christianity and Europeans. Only now, it is Islamic Africans that are spreading across Europe... and the outcome to Europe will be very similar to what occurred to America's natives, they will essentially perish one way or another simply because they are being overwhelmed and outnumbered.
          THAT easily could be America's fate as well, should we allow it.  We are fortunate, that the majority of immigrants that have come here illegally are Central and Southern American, mostly of a Christian background, mostly of people who want to work hard and create a better life for themselves, because that fits in with our current social and civil norms and will help them assimilate into America smoothly.
          For those who believe in Sharia Law over all else, for those who believe in Islam over all other religions, that assimilation will never occur, and will continue to be like pockets of cancer within our nation.

"We are fortunate, that the majority of immigrants that have come here illegally are Central and Southern American, mostly of a Christian background..."

Maybe.  And maybe not - I think that could be debated.  An influx of Christians fits far better into our culture and many Christians (the dominant religion, obviously) will welcome them with open arms regardless of the law.  And they will do so without consideration of the long term effects, just as we do today with excessive entitlements and charity programs.

But were they Muslim, pushing Sharia law and demanding that we convert to their religion and culture, the story might have been very different.  We might have shut down the illegal influx decades ago, and the economic and social damage would never have happened at all.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75

From travelling most of the Muslims countries, I can say with good sense Muslims are no better or worst than Americans.

I would take Sweden's heart and happiness over the US any day. What heartless country in the world other than Israel and US would destroy 10s of millions of Muslims family lives then take no responsibility for it and expects the rest of the world to clean up their genocide messes. Shame on you who support Trumps insanity.

If you look at US Christians criminal  rap sheet, it is no wonder you have 25% of the world's prisoners and half of the world's Offensive war budget. US wants to spread this kind of ultimate unethical culture through NWO.
              Mine and the rest of the world's karma will run over your Dogma.

Wilderness, you are ignoring the fact that our politicians, especially the past 8 years, opened the gates wide open, and the Obama Admin has done its best to bring in hundreds of thousands of refugees from the Middle East... and if not for Trump, the plan was to bring in millions more, as Clinton had stated.
              So no... whether they were from South America or the Middle East, no one would have stopped it.  And if not for Trump, it would be carrying on at a faster pace than ever.
              As I said in the post above... and as Castlepaloma points out in his post above, there is a large portion of Americans, which are firmly in control of the Democrat Party, that want the complete demise of Western Civilization, America as we know it, and all that it entails... it is a collection of groups and organizations be they Socialist, Islamists, Globalists... it all amounts ultimately to the same thing... they want no borders, no Christianity, they want to change the very fabric of this Nation and what it has been for the last 250 years. 
              When you accept that.  You have a choice as to which side you stand on... the Pro-American, Pro-Western Civilization, Pro-Liberty and Capitalism side... or the side that is against all those things, the side that brainwashes many into thinking it is about equality and equal opportunity, when in fact all it is about is enslaving the majority to either an extremist religion, or dictatorship government where you work not for wealth, but for rations, for the good of the commonwealth or more aptly, the elites at the top.

Not what I was trying to express.  We currently have a massive problem with millions of Christian illegal aliens in our country.  Had those people been Muslim, demanding that we submit to their culture, we might well have shut off the pipelines bringing them in long ago.  No more problem with illegals as we'd have taken the necessary steps decades ago to put a stop to it instead of opening the doors wider.  And perhaps recognized that welcoming people that have no intention of every assimilating probably isn't the wisest choice to make.  That's all.

I understood what you were saying, in reply I was saying it wouldn't have mattered, because its the people pulling the strings of the politicians that are forcing these policies.
                  The only reason why it is being stalled now, is because of Trump.  Because he is not beholden to the billionaires and corporations that usually pull the strings, he doesn't answer to the Globalists and Socialists and Lobbyists and who-ever else jerks the chains in Washington.
                  That is why, the overwhelming majority of the 'establishment' has been against him, and will remain against him, and will attempt to diminish, demean, and denigrate his every move and action.
                  And they do this while attempting to retain the façade of Republican VS Democrat, Liberal VS Conservative.
                  They have to paint Trump as the bad guy, they have to convince a strong majority of Americans that he is evil, wrong, unfit for the office ONLY then can they do away with him comfortably without fear that someone else like him will step into his shoes and carry on where he left off, or worse, turn it into a true movement or overthrow.
                  That is what they are working on right now, if they can convince a solid majority that he is truly unfit, that what he is doing is wrong, or evil, or hurting Americans... they win... and they get to remove him, one way, or the other.

LOL  When the radical Muslim guns swing towards those elitists and politicians, when Sharia law is enforced on them and their families, when they are shot for allowing a daughter to enter school or the daughter is murdered because she was raped...then the politicians will change their minds.  And it won't have to get to that point before they understand what is happening.  IMO.

But that only applies to the invasion through our southern border and the "what if" of an Islamic invasion rather than a Christian one and has little to do with anything else.  For the most part I agree that the establishment is attacking President Trump at every opportunity because he is the harbinger of the end of their rule.  He is not subject to their rule and that's a very bad thing for them.

That is 100% true, they even admit their plans in their white papers and write books to brag about it. 

Right now America's national security threat is a civil uprising that is being stimulated by and through the brainwashing leftist media outlets. 

The Democrats and GOP establishment, globalists and elites have no desire to Make America Great Again and are grandstanding and fighting President Trump every step of the way.   It doesn't matter if the politicians voted on an issue unanimously 5 or 15 years ago, they are set to fight it now if Trump enforces it.  The DC garbage needs to get cleaned out because the American people are sick of them and their opposition media.

Exactly.  The goals of the 'establishment' the goals of the 'elites' are 100% bad for ALL Americans, black, white, Hispanic, male, female, Christian, Jew, Atheist ... at the end of the day they equate to a country where wages would continue to decline, taxes would continue to rise, and freedoms would continue to disappear.  That is all that the Democrats truly represent, our decline as a nation, and as a society of Liberty and Opportunity, and the only Republicans that get spared from that are the ones who openly support Trump in his efforts to restore some sanity... those like McCain are as bad as any Democrat in Washington.

2. profile image0

Ken !  I couldn't agree more !
        http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13388009.png

It's almost like the left wants a  election do-over - long after they have come to the shocking reality that they really did lose !...........What used to be a strong Liberal Ideology , has been reduced to hangover cure politics !

1. Don W profile image83

This doesn't change the fact that more people voted for Clinton than Trump.

1. profile image0

And , It also doesn't change the FACT , sorely lacking in your argument , that the electoral college elects the president , not the popular vote - Guess what - Its time to get over that .!
            http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13389031.png

21. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 7 years ago

We need more golf course, where else are the homeless cities being allowed to pitch their tents.
    Trump sued wind turbine in Scotland because they hurt his view from his golf course and they kill some birds.

Finally I can partially understand the birds being killed from Trump.

1. profile image0

You should have run for president Castle , you actually make more sense than most of the ultra-liberal candidates I've ever heard speak !     You could bring a huge amount of  common sense to the senate , congress and yes ,even the white house .     What democrat wouldn't just love to invoke your sense of values and clear vision to  political office .

22. WandaSears profile image60
    WandaSearsposted 7 years ago

I am routing for him, but believe his total lack of decorum will shorten his presidency; therefore, his objectives may not be met.  This may be off topic, but it is disturbing to suggest we should excusie his behavior...explaining his personal deficiencies as a "style."  This man lies nearly all of the time because he must to keep his spin going.
    Trump's personal disaster will interfere with and distract his presidential path.

Thank you Wanda for being ON topic!  Many are in denial about his lies.

I don't think the media allows us to be in denial about anything, unless we just tune out completely.

But lets consider some reality:
        Obama promised “not only to create new jobs, but to lay a new foundation for growth.” He promised to “build the roads and bridges, the electric grids, and digital lines that feed our commerce and bind us together.” He promised to “restore science to its rightful place and wield technology’s wonders to raise health care’s quality and lower its cost.” He promised to “transform our schools and colleges and universities to meet the demands of a new age.” And of course he promised to "cut deficit spending in half".
        He promised to unite the country and bring us together.
        He promised, promised, promised.
        He said the ACA would save families an average of $2,500 and that we could keep our doctors.
        He said the war in Iraq and Afghanistan would be brought to an end (never said anything about starting new ones in Libya and Syria).

Now, Obama was a great orator, as slick a cat as we had seen since good ol'Bill had been in office.  But how much of what he told were lies... 70%... 75% ... 80%???

Why is it, because he was smooth about all his lies, false promises, and deceits, he is OK???

Meanwhile Trump says outrageous things, to some anyways, and the media of course amplifies, twists, and even deliberately takes out of context anything and everything that they can, to use it against him.

Yet in the short time he has been President, what he has seemingly put all his efforts into... is doing exactly what he promised to do.  And lord knows we are NOT used to seeing our politicians do much of that... which is exactly how a rather blunt and unpolished individual like him was able to get there... the MAJORITY of Americans are sick of the lies, of the pompous politicians that get to Washington broke and leave with hundreds of millions to their name. 

People are sick of the game, sick of the catering to the special interests, and whiners... they want real results, they want them now, and they don't care about international niceties or all the rest of the world's problems... they want THEIR kids going to good schools, having good futures, and having food on their plates and healthcare that actually CARES for them.

If they DID have those things... Trump would never have been elected.  He would have never come close.  But that's what these politicians, and extremist organizations and interests don't get... Americans are NOT happy with their lives, with their futures, with their opportunities anymore.'

No matter how much the media and government tells them that there are plenty of jobs, and wages are going up, and Obamacare is great... they aren't buying it. 

And if the opponents of Trump succeed in making him fail... which means in essence the country continues to fail... it isn't going to get better for the Democrats, for these establishment politicians... it is only going to get WORSE... the people will lay the blame at their feet, because the people aren't half as dumb as the 'intellectual elites' and 'establishment' types like to believe... and they are fed up with the lot of them.

Every one lies before they get elected.  They then realize the last sleaze bag in office wasn't so bad.  Notice Trump using Obama lines on a: Russia in Ukraine, b) Israel and settlements, and c) Iran and warning of sanctions.  Just like Obama.

In addition he is disrespecting our friends, treating them like they empty trashcans in Trump Towers.  People are not going to take that crap too long.

In the meantime, people in other countries are getting pissed at us.  There are leaks coming out of employees/foreign governments/flies on the wall to show how crass and ill DT is.  One lady even predicted an assassination since we hadn't had one in 54 years.

Republicans like the Sup Court pick and tax breaks but that's it.  DT is to unpredictable and his nose is growing and his fake hair is blowing.  They are investigating how best to get his tale out of our Oval Office.

1. profile image0

"And in the left corner "   Lies an entire population of democrats who are so naïve  as to render them addicted to the charisma of smooth talkers  who are never held accountable to empty promises , broken  lies , imagined  political accomplishment  and then to brag about all that  which  has never actually changed  !

Some advice  for your next political loss ?---- Learn how to look beyond the IMAGE  and try to focus on  your own accountability for voting for a candidate based on pure image  .Just like in real life , the
            " Boss " that you always hated the most -was the most productive in the end .

2. wilderness profile image96

"Republicans like the Sup Court pick and tax breaks but that's it.   They are investigating how best to get his tale out of our Oval Office."

Yes, they are.  But the republicans that put him in office aren't, and that should tell a tale all by itself.  Donald Trump doesn't talk right, he doesn't play the game right and he gets things done.  All an anathema to the elite that profess to be "leaders" while padding their pockets.

Never understood Americans choosing between two evil. At least half of Americans had the sense not to vote.

Trump likes to get things done, well done, let's admit it, burnt to a crisp.

3. Ken Burgess profile image76

I have no problem with other countries being pissed at us.
            Mexico I want pissed at us... we are a dumping ground for their people, their criminals,, their drugs, meanwhile they take factories and jobs away... I am not interested in their 'rulers' liking us.
            Iran is pissed... GOOD... they and every terrorist, extremist, country in the Middle East can hate us, that's just fine.  Why the heck do we want to be on good terms with countries whose governments and beliefs are built on promising to destroy America, to kill every Jew and Christian on the planet?

I don't want a President who wants to go around the planet on an apology tour... I don't want a President who says he wishes America could be more like Venezuela... and I am not the minority in this, I am voicing what the majority of Americans, no matter how small that majority has become, be it 60% or 55%, still wants.
            And even those relatively new Americans, who escaped places like Venezuela, Haiti, etc. start realizing after a while of being here, what is going on... and they don't want to see this country become more like the ones that they left.

As for this "Every one lies before they get elected."  That is EXACTLY what people are sick of, all the lies, all the corruption in Washington.
            That is why 99% of the people who voted for Trump will continue to support him... because he is trying to do what he said he would do... even if the corruption in Washington and the media is doing everything it can to stand in his way.  And the more people protest, riot, assault and destroy... and the more "politicians" pout, protest, and try to stop any progress he makes... the more people will support Trump... not the Democrats, not the special interests, but Trump... watch as it happens.  All this will lead to him being more popular than ever, with the voters.

23. primpo profile image71
    primpoposted 7 years ago

It is very obvious that President Trump lies about so many things.  My question is why if everyone knows he is lying isn't anything being done about it?  How can they let this man lead this great country of ours? I'm so angry as are over 1/2 the world, so he is just one man. why are we keeping him in office before something irreversible is done?

1. WandaSears profile image60

Could it have something to do with picking battles?  I see frazzled young parents trying to keep up with horrific day care costs while wages are stagnant.  And the elderly are STILL working!  The demands seem to be greater and you only have so much emotional and physical stamina.  I vent about Trump a lot, but I'm not sure I'd make getting rid of him a priority with so many other challenges.  And so, the result is that i get "used to" his arrogance, bullying, lying, and bluster.  I just say "oh well...it is what it is."

I agree.  If he accomplishes things, the powers that be will figure out how to work around him when necessary.

There is also a long drawn out process of making a case to get rid of someone.  Since he lied coming in, it is no surprise. 

I trust God and believe nothing happens that he does not allow.  Even though the worst may happen, good will prevail eventually.

Intelligence agencies are not giving briefings to president because they don't trust him.

Diane, you should read more than just headlines. Your statement is not true. The facts are out there if you want to know why your comment is wrong.

GA

If you have additional information, I'd love to see it.  I don't want to pass on lies.  Lying seems to be in vogue these days.

Report: Intelligence officials withhold information from Trump

U.S. intelligence officials have not been sharing some sensitive information with President Trump, The Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.

Current and former officials told the news source that some information was withheld from Trump in fear that that it would be compromised or leaked.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat … from-trump

On The Verge Of Treason: US Spies Withhold Intelligence From Trump

While a White House official said: “There is nothing that leads us to believe that this is an accurate account of what is actually happening”, Rep. Adam Schiff (D., Calif.), the ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee, said he has heard concerns from officials about sharing especially sensitive information with Mr. Trump.

“I’ve talked with people in the intelligence community that do have concerns about the White House, about the president, and I think those concerns take a number of forms,” Mr. Schiff said, without confirming any specific incidents.

“What the intelligence community considers their most sacred obligation is to protect the very best intelligence and to protect the people that are producing it.”
              http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-1 … ence-trump

Diane, you say you don't want to pass on lies, and it might be possible to claim that technically your claim was true, but that technical aspect does not support the assertion you passed on".

The implication of your, (other other's), headline is that the intelligence folks are withholding crucial information. But you first link supplies an accurate description just three short paragraphs into the article that contradicts that implication:

"According to the report, some information presented to the president omitted sources and methods used by intelligence agencies during their operations.

The officials said they were not aware of any instance in which crucial national security threats were omitted from intelligence briefings."

Your second link offers a similar misleading headline:
                "On The Verge Of Treason: US Spies Withhold Intelligence From Trump"

... and then in the second paragraph, offers the same qualifying explanation:

"In some of these cases of withheld information, officials have decided not to show Mr. Trump the sources and methods that the intelligence agencies use to collect information, the current and former officials said. Those sources and methods could include, for instance, the means that an agency uses to spy on a foreign government."

Each of your sources qualify their headlines early in their reporting - yet let the stark implication of their headline stand. And you pass on the claim of their headlines as if the implication; that vital intelligence was being withheld from the president, was true. The conflicting information I found in only a couple minutes reading, in your own links, discredit the headlines. This was work you should have done when first challenged.

Now, considering that we are only discussing allegations by unnamed sources, not facts, if you see any truth in your links' explanations that it was source and method information that "might be" omitted, and not vital intelligence data that a president should see - as the headlines suggest, would that change your perspective?

GA

So you are saying I should have done an in depth analysis of the articles.  I did not intend to do so.  I posted what the headline stated.  As you admit, it was true.

Because of all of the leaks coming out, It would stand to reason that people are reluctant to share information with the president.  Of course the heads of those organizations are not going to come out and admit that.  Our economy, safety and other aspects of life as we know it would be impacted.

The real point is, "Are the leaks true?"  That is what Congress is investigating.

"in depth analysis"?

They were the second and third paragraphs. Even a skim-over would see that. No in-depth, or analysis about it. Are you saying that you only read the headlines? Don't you even skim for the points of the headlines before accepting them?

And yes, I did admit that in the strict context of facts, your headline may be technically correct. But, in twisting the context to the perspective of the headlines, and to fit what appears to be your own predilections - it becomes nothing more than an alternative fact. Is that where you want to plant your flag?

GA

24. colorfulone profile image79

Yepperz, there are going to be a lot of Opposition News worshipers very embarrasses in a year or two as they become dis-illusioned, if they wake up.

Normalcy-bias programs and conditions the minds, Ken Burgess. 
    I admire you more than I care to say for speaking the truth in love.

God bless!

25. ptosis profile image67
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

Fake President.

It's OK, every politician lies, so it is OK when Trump lies.
    Argumentum ad populum is a fallacious argument.http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/2e0fa000cb39a5fb63929fd053b15c2b1ba90d77/c=136-0-2837-2031&amp;r=x513&amp;c=680x510/local/-/media/2017/01/18/USATODAY/USATODAY/636203550633487504-AFP-AFP-K41T4.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuooS4pLKEOtcxtKIcFoWCNUfj-6DiVx_xzvGFUZ4WmCKo-a3g
    https://www.toonpool.com/user/22694/files/the_fake_president_2856475.jpg

That Sculpture belongs in The.. .
      Ripley's- believe It, or Not museum.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)