jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Is anyone seeing a decline in CPMs lately?

1. promisem profile image93
    promisemposted 3 months ago

I have seen a surprising drop in CPMs over the last week or two (on other sites as well) afte being level for many months. I'm curious if anyone else has seen the same thing.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image94
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Happens every single year at this time. Shopping season is over with the holidays, and ads are paying less.

promisemposted 3 months ago in reply to this

This time seems a lot steeper than a year ago. Maybe the distractions in the news last week has something to do with it.

You must have a very good memory. But I admit I don't pay that much attention to thpse numbers. You may well be right about the situation with it being that 4th year thing we do, but it would seem maybe news and politics type ads would be paying more just now because of that. I wonder now if people who write mostly about politics are seeing an increase. hmmm.....

Well, everything will be alright.

I just look at the history of CPMs in my earnings report. And I see it on other sites too.

Yes, it's normal to see a dip after the holidays for sites that attract retail advertisers. It's not normal for sites focusing on travel, which I do.

This week will give some insight about whether the inauguration and protests last week distracted people.

2. janshares profile image91
      jansharesposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Yes, they are down after shooting up during the holidays.

3. sallybea profile image97
      sallybeaposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Yes, very disappointing but it does look as if it might be on the way up again.  Lets hope so.

Mine from yesterday showed to be the lowest yet in the last long while. But of course it could go lower, and without doubt, it will eventually go back up.

2. UnnamedHarald profile image93
    UnnamedHaraldposted 3 months ago

As Wes said, this pattern is fairly normal and nothing to worry about (as far as anything being "wrong" is concerned). It's sort of like Fridays generally being weaker than other days.

3. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 3 months ago

I'm earning roughly twice as much this month as I was in January last year. So it ain't so bad.

Glad to hear it. My total earnings are up quite a bit as well. It's the RPMs that are down.

working