jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: How To Be A Successful Freelance Writer

1. Jamal Aidani profile image61
    Jamal Aidaniposted 5 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub How To Be A Successful Freelance Writer (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Hi there,

As you are offering an article on writing, it has to be spot-on perfect in grammar and presentation. Here are the issues that I picked up and suggestions for correcting them.

1. Remove the bold. All of it.
      2. Check your punctuation - you have extra spaces before commas, periods/full stops after question marks, and way too many exclamation marks!! See how unprofessional it looks.
      3. Break your huge paragraphs into smaller ones and use several text capsules in order to introduce sub-headings. Make use of bullet points and/or numbering.
      4. Check for random and unnecessary capitalization, such as "So, let me honestly tell you that is not True !!"
      5. Copy your text into a free online app such as Hemingway to clean up your writing.
      6. Think about the information you are offering. Could it be found on more authoritative websites? It all looks pretty generic to me. What original information could you add?
      7. Your Amazon product is not specific to the hub, i.e. freelance writing. Add a product that you know well and have used yourself in your freelance writing career. It must be relevant to the topic.
      8. Your image looks generic too, couldn't you find a decent one on Pixabay of someone actually writing and not staring at a screen in a vacuous way. Don't forget to credit the image.

I can't emphasize enough that anyone offering writing advice must be fluent in English, excellent at grammar and meticulous about proofreading. I am a freelance writer, but I would hesitate on offering writing advice just in case I got it wrong.

Good luck.

1. chasmac profile image98
        chasmacposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Hi Theraggededge. You must have posted your response as I was writing mine - Great minds think alike, huh? Lol - Anyway yours is greater as you have at least 8 pointers to my 6.

1. theraggededge profile image95
          theraggededgeposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Well at least the OP will know he's getting the right (I hope) advice big_smile

2. Jamal Aidani profile image61
        Jamal Aidaniposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for your prompr reply. I appreciate every single advice you wrote on here. I will do my best to avoid them as much as possible in my next articles.
        Jamal Aidani

2. chasmac profile image98
      chasmacposted 5 months ago in reply to this

1, Fix all your grammar and punctuation errors.
      2, Get rid of the bold text.
      3. Remove the irrelevant Amazon capsule.
      4. Indicate the source for the photo you used to show you obtained it legally.
      5. Add more photos to make the page more visually attractive.
      6. Break up the text into smaller paragraphs to make it more readable.

thanks fr stopping by and reading my article

2. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 5 months ago

A relevant question that may come to your mind is how I became a freelance writer ? and how I made it as a carrier?.

Actually, no it doesn't come to my mind. What comes to my mind is that this person can't possibly make a "carrier" as a writer.

okay, thanks for your reply

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 months ago

I didn't even read the article because it was immediately apparent that it was written all in bold in the sentences were not correctly punctuated.

Fix that first.

Thanks for stopping by

working