I'd like feedback on my Hub: Travel Spots in Oman

1. Shearsspot profile image61
    Shearsspotposted 6 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Travel Spots in Oman (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Hi there,

There are several issues with your hub.

The title would be better as "Travel Destinations in Oman". No-one searches for 'travel spots'.

Your introduction is confusing - you are writing about Oman, not India, so those references are irrelevant. You could leave this bit in, "I started my trip from the southernmost tip of India called Kanyakumari." Delete the rest, starting, "Everyone knows Kashmir... and ending "ends at Kanyakumari. Your hub is not about India.

Why are Oman scents famous? If you make a statement, then explain why you made it, otherwise we're all left wondering. There's no point saying that Sahalah is similar to Kerala because most HubPages readers won't have been to Kerala either. You have to think about your reader and the information you are giving them.

There are problems with punctuation. There is always a space after a full stop/period.

"It's connection", should be "Its connection". There is no apostrophe in the possessive pronoun. There is an apostrophe in the abbreviated It is - It's.

Break up your big chunks of text into smaller paragraphs.

The content of the article is not what is promised in the title. If you are writing about locations in Oman, then stick to it. Describe the actual place, good hotels, food, and so on. It's good to connect legends with places, but don't overdo it or else the article is about myths, legends and religions of Oman - the places are secondary. With all your knowledge of the area you could probably make two hubs - one travel and one religious.

"The journey was amazing, as I did not feel any jerks." Rewrite this, "The journey was smooth and comfortable."

Delete as many unnecessary words as possible: very, amazing, fantastic... they are empty adjectives and mean nothing,

Plenty of work to do, but I'm sure you could get this featured. Your story is interesting and you make Oman sound an inviting destination.

Hope that helps.

1. Shearsspot profile image61
        Shearsspotposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for your reply.I have edited and republished it with the title"Oman Through Islamic Lens".

working